Now you can buy one

The HDMI spec does support surround sound, and has the bandwidth for up to 8 channels of uncompressed audio.

The HDMI spec does support surround sound, and has the bandwidth for up to 8 channels of uncompressed audio.
Sorry, I now recall it was DVD or Blu-ray I was reading about. I will make some edits. Maybe it's just the encoding the TVs have trouble with.

Hi All,
Completely new member here, just signed up this evening. I have just purchased a HDR 2000T from Argos for £179.95 today and set it up for my 81 year old father. I was led to the forum last night having spent all weekend searching for a suitable machine for my dad, thanks to all your posts I decided on a HUMAX and I am so glad I did. Set it up in less than 10 minutes and is so easy to use. This is the first Freeview Recorder I have ever used so can't compare it to the T2. Hope to gain lots of valuable advice from you veterans to keep me on the straight and narrow.
The Argos listing pictured the T2 but you get the 2000T
Only had a quick play with it tonight to show my dad how it works but very impressed with the picture quality, even my dad commented how much sharper it was and he is visually impared

Much sharper than what? It only reproduces the same signal that would have been sent to the TV live, but if you are comparing it with an analogue video recorder being fed from a digibox by SCART - sure it's sharper.

He used to have a PANASONIC DVD/Video combo recorder that was hooked up using a HDMI lead, older technology I know but the difference is dramatic

Im commenting on the general viewing experience Black Hole via FREEVIEW, not the recordings. From all the reviews I read before deciding what to purchase the HUMAX was highly recommended on picture quality compared to others makes and so it seems, very happy.

This is weird. Any Freeview receiver with HDMI output should perform the same (except we know some apply artificial sharpening that some people think makes the unsharpened Humax picture soft). Are you talking about HiDef by any chance?

No we were just watching normal BBC1, compared to his older PANASONIC FREEVIEW receiver the picture quality was so much better. I'll have a longer play with it at the weekend. Maybe the older technology wasn't getting the best out of his newer TV. I have not personally used FREEVIEW equipment before as I'm a Sky customer (unfortunately) but I'm impressed with the HUMAX HDR 2000T

Back