Nowsters Patch

peterpi

I've downloaded "settop-patch_4.0.9utc_mips.opk" and "patch.zip". From what I have read on various posts, "patch" is an update of "settop-patch". I've unzipped patch.zip and eventually ended up with three files hexpatch, runme.sh and settop.dif. I put them in the root of a USB drive and followed the AV Forum instruction. IE plug in drive, into standby (using the remote button), leave it for a minute, power up and removed the drive when its booted. I've done a short HD recording but I see the ENC flag and when I copy to to a USB drive then plug into my PC, it wont play and MediaInfo just reports the size of the file.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Its not as easy as doing it on the T2, is it. :confused:

Thanks in anticipation.

Pete

Not lazy! You were working too hard at it!:eek:

You're to kind.

I just did a HD recording for a couple of minutes, no ENC flag and I was able to download it using the the Web IF, and play with VLC.

Result!

I only fired up the HDR today, after having been resting for more than twelve months. The CF makes a big difference.

It is usually indicated that you should use the front panel button, not the remote button. But whether this applies to nowster's patch or not, I'm not certain.

I think that was the way I did it with the T2. but it did upload and works.

One final question. What's the patch.zip for?

Patch.zip contained the original settop patch with an install script which had to be run manually. Nowster released this before he eventually figured out how to build a self installing .opk package. Don't attempt to do anything with it other than deleting it. I wish he would go back and remove these obsolete links from his posts as they only serve to cause confusion, as you have found out yourself.

As always, Raydon, Trev, Mike et al are a fountain of knowledge. And as being a person of advanced years, ( I was a teenager during the early sixties) I need all the help I can get.

Thank you all again.

Pete

As always, Raydon, Trev, Mike et al are a fountain of knowledge. And as being a person of advanced years, ( I was a teenager during the early sixties) I need all the help I can get.

Thank you all again.

Pete

Thanks for the kind words, Pete.

Not so young here, my teenage years also spanned the '60s and just look at Trev's selfie: he must be ancient!:D

Back