NTFS Drive causes Hummy to crash

michael.h

I have NTFS custom firmware installed and no problem using an HDD of 1 TB or less.

However when I tried using a 2TB HDD formatted NTFS the Hummy responded with "CRASH" when the driev was connected to the USB port and refused to boot with the 2TB drive attached.

The drive I am using "WD WD20EARS 2TB Caviar Green with its own PSU.

Is there a limit to the size of HDD one can attach to the Hummy's USB port?

I could try dividing the drive into 2 partitions each about 900GB.

The drive was windows formatted NTFS default.

I need to set this up so that I can remove everything from the Hummy as it has a problem with periodic picture freezing and pixilation. This occurs both when watching live via the Hummy and previously recorded items. This does not occur when programmes are viewed directly on the TV rather than via the Hummy.

Any comments on either matter would be helpful.
Thank you
Michael

I use a 2TB usb3 ntfs drive with a HDR FOX T2 without any issues. As an experiment can you try turning off network content share (known issue with some versaions of Twonky).

I think this is most likely a power demand problem. Can you power the drive externally, or via a USB hub?

Update: Oops, didn't notice it is externally powered.

...the Hummy as it has a problem with periodic picture freezing and pixilation. This occurs both when watching live via the Hummy and previously recorded items. This does not occur when programmes are viewed directly on the TV rather than via the Hummy.

Any comments on either matter would be helpful.
Thank you
Michael

Regarding your first problem. As this is not occurring when programmes are viewed directly through your TV decoder your signal and signal quality are strong. If it is only occurring when the box is used could other devices (e.g. dvd players or even the previous external hard drive) be interfering with the humax signal and programs that are then being recorded?

Does the signal pixilation occur at the exact time in each recorded programme? Perhaps the recordings are corrupt and even transferring them to another drive wont help. Do they work ok when you play the recordings on another device ?

Back