ntpclient won't update, claims older version is newer

Owen Smith

I have several boxes which won't update ntpclient as they think 2010-365-4 they are running is newer than 2010-365-5 which is the new version available. Any ideas? The line from the update screen isn't very clear when copied but here it is:

ntpclient 2010-365-4 2010-365-5 Network Time Protocol client - maintains the system clock using Internet-based time servers. Newer

If the packages screen say "Newer" in italics then it means that it thinks your locally installed version is newer than that in the repository. Could be a bug in the version comparison code though.

Can you try:

Code:
humax# opkg list ntpclient
ntpclient - 2010-365-5 - Network Time Protocol client - maintains the system clock using Internet-based time servers.
humax# opkg list-installed ntpclient
ntpclient - 2010-365-5

Yes, it was a bug in the package comparison routine. It couldn't handle a package version containing two - characters.
(I'm not sure if that's even a legal package name actually)

Fixed in webif 1.3.4-12

Yes, it was a bug in the package comparison routine. It couldn't handle a package version containing two - characters.
(I'm not sure if that's even a legal package name actually)

Fixed in webif 1.3.4-12

So do you want me to try anything now, or is it simply fixed in webif and we're all done here?

So do you want me to try anything now, or is it simply fixed in webif and we're all done here?
It's fixed in webif so will be ok from now on. If you don't want to upgrade the web interface you can do an upgrade through the command line (opkg upgrade ntpclient) and that should work fine.

It's fixed in webif so will be ok from now on. If you don't want to upgrade the web interface you can do an upgrade through the command line (opkg upgrade ntpclient) and that should work fine.

I'm not that bothered about updating ntpclient, the old version is working for me. It's just something was obviously wrong with the update screen. You've fixed that, so this will all work itself out after a while.

Back