Odd audio problem

Jeffox

Here's my setup

Samsung smart TV, Humax HDR FOX T2 , Humax Foxsat , Sony Blu-Ray, pair of Edifier speakers ( one with power and EQ )

HDMI connections on all 3 boxes to TV. Optical out of TV to pair of twin phono to powered speaker. TV's own audio is permanently muted.

Audio from either of the 2 Humax boxes in is controlled by each of their remotes, and anything watched through the TV ( basically the internet ) is controlled by the Edifier, as is the Sony Blu Ray.

The problem is this.. when watching Freeview through the T2, which is how i normally watch 99% of TV , all HD channels audio cannot be controlled with T2 remote. The Humax T2 remote has no affect when raising or lowering volume on any HD channel. I have to use the Edifier speakers remote, just for HD.

All Freeview SD channels audio works using T2 remote

Does that seem weird to anyone ?

Last edited:
OOoops :geek:
Just figured it out. I did a format recently on the T2 because it kept freezing randomly, , and i think a factory restore, which i've just discovered has defaulted audio to Multi Channel, so just changed it back to Stereo, and job done.

Writing something up or explaining something to someone, even if you know they're going to be no help, often works like this.

Back