Often crashing Humax

makem

I have two HDR-FOX T2 and one of them crashes often. It seems slow when using catchup and saving.

Is there a procedure for refreshing the system such as installing the latest official firmware and then the customised firmware?

I started the disk check as described in the link you gave.

1. Telnet
2. maint

The box rebooted and showed a BBC1 (which I had been watching) frozen screen without the word maintenance being displayed. I reconnected with tenet which showed it was in maintenance mode.

3. fixdisk

This is now running and I await some indication that it has completed. How will I know if all is now well? Will I just need to see if over some time it does not crash again?

This is now running and I await some indication that it has completed. How will I know if all is now well?
The first clue will be whether fix-disk actually finds a problem and corrects it. If in doubt post the output here.

Pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/s6SqkR4M

I cannot see any fixed problem.

Checking the second link given by Black Hole - seems very long and makes me wonder where the diagnostic facilities in the CFW comes in?

EDIT: Having looked there I see maintenance mode can be selected there!

Disk Diagnostics shows:

# 2Short offlineCompleted: read failure90%4324604051092
# 3Short offlineCompleted: read failure90%4324604051092

Last edited:
I cannot see any fixed problem.

Agreed, no problems found.

Checking the second link given by Black Hole - seems very long and makes me wonder where the diagnostic facilities in the CFW comes in?
Not sure which link you are referring to?
Disk Diagnostics shows:

# 2Short offlineCompleted: read failure90%4324604051092
# 3Short offlineCompleted: read failure90%4324604051092
So at some time there has been a problem that was stopping the short test from completing.
Please can you post the Disk Information and Attributes tables from the Disk Diagnostics.

Agreed, no problems found.

Not sure which link you are referring to?

So at some time there has been a problem that was stopping the short test from completing.
Please can you post the Disk Information and Attributes tables from the Disk Diagnostics.

Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues

Please explain how to obtain and save Disk Information and Attributes tables from the Disk Diagnostics. (Attached)

Attachments

• Humax HDR Fox T2 (Eric) - Diagnostics.pdf
    197.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Which bit of that were you referring to?
Please explain how to obtain and save Disk Information and Attributes tables from the Disk Diagnostics. (Attached)
Highlight, copy and paste works for me (put it between code tags (from edit post box click on the "..." symbol and select code)).
The data in the pdf again looks fine to me. Whatever is causing the problem it doesn't seem to me that it is disk related.
Have you tried the System Flush file?

Which bit of that were you referring to?

All of it!
Highlight, copy and paste works for me (put it between code tags (from edit post box click on the "..." symbol and select code)).
The data in the pdf again looks fine to me. Whatever is causing the problem it doesn't seem to me that it is disk related.
Have you tried the System Flush file?

I will when I find it!

EDIT: I give up, where is it?
Maybe found it?
I would try the System Flush Update File (downloadable from the same page as the custom firmware).

System flush appears dramatic in that it clears my settings. I will wait and see what happens and note why it crashes as it may be related to catchup.

Last edited:
FFS. Any of the situations covered could be causing crash issues, so if the reader is unsure which they need to be worked through systematically (the easy ones are listed first). If you are sure your problem is HDD related, obviously you skip to the bits that talk about the HDD - but the easiest way to prove that is to disconnect it and see if the problems go away.

For tips about posting dumps, see Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click).

I will when I find it!
EDIT: I give up, where is it?
Maybe found it?
Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues section 1C.

I see. So Black Hole shouts at me because he is annoyed. Hmm.

I wonder why the question about Disk Diagnostics and 'his' web page instructions was so annoying. All I was asking was the relationship between the two. When I posed the question I didn't know which should be used first. I still don't!

But never mind, I did check.

Newbies' Guide to the Forum (Netiquette)

The annoyance was simply because you seemed not to want to work your way through the advice, and because the System Flush information is quite near the beginning. I think it is quite reasonable that the person coming for advice is prepared to put in at least as much effort as we have to in answering.

The annoyance was simply because you seemed not to want to work your way through the advice, and because the System Flush information is quite near the beginning. I think it is quite reasonable that the person coming for advice is prepared to put in at least as much effort as we have to in answering.

I understand that in forums it often happens that wrong assumptions are made. I usually read all manuals and instructions before I do anything. However, in this case it appeared that Disk Diagnostics offered a 'first check' option as ML suggested.

I hope you now understand that I appreciate all the help I get and always put in as much effort as I can with my level of knowledge.

Back