Old drive to new recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks xyz 321 for a straight answer, I cant do it without much "faffing about " then, right.
To Black hole, what may be clear to you is like mud to me, I have no technical ability at all, in short if don't have a plug and a socket to put it in I don't touch it:)
You're a "super moderator". You must have some kind of technical ability. If not, the tools available to a "super moderator" are not safe in your hands.

Great - now I need to find my old 9150 hdd. I definitely packed it when I moved house....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

You're a "super moderator". You must have some kind of technical ability. If not, the tools available to a "super moderator" are not safe in your hands.
I know my way around the internet, not what makes it work, that's techie stuff . To be a moderator you need common sense , a thick skin and the ability to spot an idiot or troublemaker. I don't give advice I'm not qualified and I wont pretend to know all the answers, the clue is in the word "moderator".:)
Anyway the problem is now solved, I've set up Fox next to the 9200 , I can now record new progs to the Fox whilst finishing watching the old recordings on the 9200.
Thanks to all for the advice, no doubt Ill be back for more, complicated beast this Fox :rolleyes:

This calls to question the governance of the forum. I have no idea, for example, how moderators came to be appointed, let alone super-moderators (or what the difference is).

I would have thought a moderator's duties included keeping reasonably up to date on what is going on (and as a consequence be well informed on the forum content), and a super-moderator would supervise the moderators (and also be conversant with the forum content).

Some of us have poured a huge amount of effort into this forum, and yet we are subject to the whim of a few (and ultimately one). This does not give me much confidence.

Coo. And I always thought that moderators were there to stop posters slagging each other off:frantic:

I seriously hope that this comment was meant to have a smiley at the end of it!
This calls to question the governance of the forum. I have no idea, for example, how moderators came to be appointed, let alone super-moderators (or what the difference is).
Do you Not read the forums? I really thought that when you joined the forum as a new member, you would have spent some time catching up on forum posts. May I suggest that you start reading from THIS POST.
I would have thought a moderator's duties included keeping reasonably up to date on what is going on (and as a consequence be well informed on the forum content), and a super-moderator would supervise the moderators (and also be conversant with the forum content).
That is not how it works
When creating a moderator, they can be defined as a Super Moderator or Forum Moderator. A super moderator is able to moderate all forums, except where node permissions prevent that. A forum moderator is only able to moderate those forums for which they have been granted permission.
Some of us have poured a huge amount of effort into this forum, and yet we are subject to the whim of a few (and ultimately one). This does not give me much confidence.
Yes, there are quite a few of us who have spent a lot of time and effort on this forum, and other forums before this one, you are not alone.

This will be slightly more complicated than plug and socket. You will have two options using only the HDR: either copy the files from the USB attached drive one by one as you wish to view them or (my preferred option) would be to copy all the files onto the internal disk of the HDR and then reformat the USB attached disk into a format that the HDR can read natively after which you could copy all the files back or place any other material on the drive. Either option will involve the installation of the custom firmware. The final possibility would be to attach the USB drive to a PC and use humaxrw on the PC to copy the files to the PC and then use FTP to copy them to the HDR. This would not require the custom firmware.

I would say that none of the options are particularly difficult but will require some effort on your part.

Thanks Martin
Effort is not the problem, confidence is:(. But never mind problem solved by watching what I wanted and dumping the rest to a recorder, all plug and socket work I'm afraid:D

Dear me!
Did I touch a little nerve then ???:rolleyes:

Dear me!
Did I touch a little nerve then ???:rolleyes:

I don't think that remark is appropriate for a moderator to make, it just creates a problem when there isn't one. I know that spats between members can be entertaining to those not involved, when put into print, but to stoke the fire.............

To be honest I don't know of any forum quite as civilised and productive as this one - so the moderators must be doing something right.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Quite so, but I believe that this is down to the integrity of the contributing members. Most of us know when to draw the line when it comes to humour/sarcasm.

Quite so, but I believe that this is down to the integrity of the contributing members. Most of us know when to draw the line when it comes to humour/sarcasm.

Unfortunately not all, if that were the case there would be no need for moderators. Integrity is a rare beast on most forums mainly because of the anonymity factor.

That's why I said 'most', and I agree the need for moderators, but I wasn't referring to that in post #30. End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back