Old sweeper package to file away one-off recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it is relevant or not but it may be related. Even before the latest update when I moved a file from a series folder to the root directory sweeper then swept it into the wrong folder when it processed it next. It ignored the original series folder and still does.

That might be doing the right thing, depending on your configuration file. Can you share it?

I am Mr. 'wrong end of stick' so it may not catch anybody else out, maybe you could display the 'rule action' and the '+Add Criterion' on the last line, if there is more than one
Is this clearer?

Screenshot%202014-06-04%2022.51.23.png

If sweeper isn't installed, nothing related to it will appear in the browse screen or menu. The menu option is added by the sweeper package via a plugin hook.

That might be doing the right thing, depending on your configuration file. Can you share it?
It is probably my configuration. My main aim is to lock all recordings after 9p.m. and before 7 or 8 a.m. It works well with once off recordings and thank you again for it. However I can't get it to lock series linked recordings as these form a folder first in the root directory and with the HDR you can't lock a folder.
Sweeper works ok with series links, but not if I move the recording back into the root directory and does not lock series linked recordings after 9 p.m.
Here is my config file
hour {>= 21} lock 1
hour {< 7} lock 1
folder action {fileunder "" }
lcn {>= 70} lcn {<= 79} action {movecreate KIDS_VARIOUS}
lcn {>= 806} lcn {<= 806} action {movecreate KIDS_VARIOUS}
lcn {>= 818} lcn {<= 818} action {movecreate KIDS_VARIOUS/RADIO}
lcn {>= 836} lcn {<= 836} action {movecreate KIDS_VARIOUS}
hour {>= 21} lock 1 action {movecreate _OTHER_One_Off_Recordings/%genre}
hour {< 7} lock 1 action {movecreate _OTHER_One_Off_Recordings/%genre}

action {movecreate _OTHER_One_Off_Recordings/%genre }

If sweeper isn't installed, nothing related to it will appear in the browse screen or menu. The menu option is added by the sweeper package via a plugin hook.
Oops! :oops:

I have now discovered that both flatten and sweeper are installed on HDR1 (sorry). The Sweeper config is the equivalent of flatten, so both are trying to to the same job. I guess I should remove flatten.

The button action is OK now too (cache refreshed I expect).

Post Script: Double oops. I wasn't thinking right - flatten and sweeper complement each other, not conflict. For some reason when I saw flatten in the package list, I assumed sweeper wouldn't be.

It is probably my configuration. My main aim is to lock all recordings after 9p.m. and before 7 or 8 a.m. It works well with once off recordings and thank you again for it. However I can't get it to lock series linked recordings as these form a folder first in the root directory and with the HDR you can't lock a folder.
Sweeper works ok with series links, but not if I move the recording back into the root directory and does not lock series linked recordings after 9 p.m.
Here is my config file

You need two 'folder hour' rules in there.

Code:
hour {>= 21} lock 1
hour {< 7} lock 1
folder hour {>= 21} lock 1
folder hour {< 7} lock 1
folder action {fileunder "" }

I'm deprecating the 'lock' condition as of the next release and adding a 'lock' action instead which makes more sense. However, this configuration will continue to work and may be upgraded by the GUI if you edit it that way.

1.0.14 is now available with a lot of changes. I can't promise this is the final layout but I think it's better than the last. Here are some of the changes:
  • Tweaked the layout to use less vertical space;
  • Replaced the 'Add criterion' button with a + icon;
  • Added arrow between criteria and action;
  • Show when rule processing will continue or stop;
  • Changed 'criterion/criteria' to 'condition/conditions';
  • Fixed bug where Save/Discard buttons could become unresponsive;
  • Added Copy Rule function;
  • Added Disable/Enable rule function;
  • Deprecated lock condition (GUI can upgrade simple uses of this);
  • Added lock & unlock actions;
  • Added folder flag condition;
  • Added option to add pre-defined rules (such as the series-filer rule or some examples);
  • Raw rule display is now off by default. Toggled with button at bottom right and your preference is saved;
  • Fix top-right icon alignment in more browsers (at least all of the ones I've tested with!);
  • Top rule-up and bottom rule-down icons weren't being greyed out in IE.
Screenshot%202014-06-05%2022.41.29.png

marvellous! looking very good now, thanks.

One big request to please consider: does the language allow you to popup a file-browser dialog? If so, doing that for the move (etc) rules, to pick an existing folder (or create), instead of having to type it out, would be very handy.

thanks again.

It does, but it doesn't make sense for most of the actions. It does for move, but not always movecreate as it will create the folder if necessary. Similarly the merge actions actually look for a folder with the same name as the one being processed.

thanks; yes, I suppose I was thinking primarily of "move".

By "create", I didn't mean "movecreate", but that you might want to use the dialog to create a folder (rather than picking an existing one), as the destination for "move".

Now there's a GUI for Sweeper, can the default /mod/etc/sweeper.conf file be removed from the package as it doesn't do anything useful and always causes opkg to complain?

I have an anomaly between the GUI rule and the /mod/etc/sweeper.conf file. No matter how many times I change the GUI rule genre type to "news & factual" , it still says "undefined".

sweeper.JPG

The /mod/etc/sweeper.conf file shows the correct genre and the sweeper process is operating as expected.

You've made a right hash of that. You can't just cut'n'paste stuff from your web page to the forum as it just pastes in loads of local address links. You have to upload the images...

I have an anomaly between the GUI rule and the /mod/etc/sweeper.conf file. No matter how many times I change the GUI rule genre type to "news & factual" , it still says "undefined".

The /mod/etc/sweeper.conf file shows the correct genre and the sweeper process is operating as expected.

Should be fixed in 1.0.15, thanks.

Now there's a GUI for Sweeper, can the default /mod/etc/sweeper.conf file be removed from the package as it doesn't do anything useful and always causes opkg to complain?
It's the set of default rules for the top-level directory. I've updated it to include more examples but was intending to leave it in the package. opkg just says that it isn't going to overwrite your own sweeper.conf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back