Old sweeper package to file away one-off recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also since the updates when I go back to browse folder on webif at the top it says
instead of saying which file is playing.
That should be fixed in the latest web interface package. It seems to be related to playing media from a directory mounted from elsewhere and wasn't introduced recently.

Thank you af123 for tackling the challenge of making sweeper so much more user-friendly!

I have set up a number of new sweeper rules using the new GUI, and after a few trials and errors, I think I've got the hang of it :)

However I have one conundrum - how can I set sweeper to ignore a folder in the top-level?

I don't want to use [ ] as that would stop the contents being auto-processed.

I removed the .series file, which worked fine as an 'ignore' measure ... until a new .series file reappeared of its own accord - and sweeper 'swept' the folder away again.

I can't see how to set sweeper to ignore the folder name, as the folder functions work on the Media Title of the first file found in the folder - which is a variable item - and 'first' doesn't mean first alphabetically.

I have thought of some rather rather long-winded workarounds, but they are inelegant and clunky - so I am searching for a better way.

However I have one conundrum - how can I set sweeper to ignore a folder in the top-level?

You could create a flag file in the folder, something like .nosweep, then use the fflag condition to skip it (you omit the initial dot for the condition).

folder fflag nosweep action stop

Just make sure the rule is above the one that is currently sweeping the folder.

You could create a flag file in the folder, something like .nosweep, then use the fflag condition to skip it (you omit the initial dot for the condition).
folder fflag nosweep action stop

Good plan. Thank you.

Set up rule, no problem, but hit rock in creating flag file in folder.

When I tried to make a new file named .nosweep or to rename a .series file to .nosweep, I got the message "You must type a file name".
What method do I use to generate a no-name flag file?

Telnet or FTP. AF will have to add support for creating arbitrary flag files via the WebIF if this mechanism is to become popular.

Telnet or FTP. AF will have to add support for creating arbitrary flag files via the WebIF if this mechanism is to become popular.
Thank you BH and Ezra.

.nosweep would be a useful flag to have.

Simplified example: Single one-off programme files to be tidied into a 'Single Programmes' folder, then any new series folders tidied into a 'Series' folder.

action {move {SINGLE PROGRAMMES}}
folder action {fileundercreate SERIES}

This would work fine until one day a random .series file appears in the 'Single Programmes' folder. Then at next scan, sweeper will move 'Single Programmes' folder and all its contents inside the 'Series' folder and disappear it from top-level view.

Interesting. That will actually have been made worse recently with the automatic reset of the unwatched count for folders (which is based on the .series file). I will make the .series check in Sweeper check for ones created this way versus ones created automatically which should help with this issue.

.. and the next version will automatically skip folders with a nosweep flag on them.

When I tried to make a new file named .nosweep or to rename a .series file to .nosweep, I got the message "You must type a file name".
Damn stupid Windows Explorer. I've fallen over this madness before. M$ are idiots.

Sweeper has become very good at solving a variety of needs now. Are there any plans I wonder to support copying/moving matching files to external drives? I could use it to automatically archive to my NAS then!

I've just uploaded a new version of sweeper (1.0.16) with the following changes/enhancements:
  • Any rule condition can be negated so, for example, you can have Synopsis does not contain 'fred' as well as Synopsis contains 'barney'. You select negation when you add the condition;
  • New Test Configuration button which sends the current rules (those displayed on-screen) to the Humax then shows what would happen if they were run against the current folder;
  • New OPT+ function to flag folders as nosweep which excludes them being inspected by folder sweeper rules on the parent folder - new icon to indicate when a folder is flagged;
  • Better determination of whether folders were created automatically for series. Sweeper won't process non-series folders;
  • New tokens for action parameters - %yyyymmdd & %hhmm;
  • New rule condition - Filename contains;
  • New rule action - Rename recording file(s).

Much of the information in this fairly long thread is now out of date and would be confusing for any new user wanting to get up and running with Sweeper.
I've started a new thread at http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/sweeper-custom-rules-to-manage-recordings.5138/

Please could a moderator change the title of this thread to something like 'Old sweeper package to file away one-off recordings'? Thanks!

I've updated the first post in the thread to direct people to the new thread and to the Wiki for up-to-date and maintained documentation. It's a work in progress but better that everything is in one place.

Also, sweeper is due a more up-to-date description in the package list.

The existing description reads "Automatically manage single recording files" - but it's cleverer than that now, what with its folder moving an' all :)

Please could a moderator change the title of this thread to something like 'Old sweeper package to file away one-off recordings'? Thanks!
I have changed the thread title as requested, would you like this thread closing to new replies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back