prpr

Allegedly, this is the plan...

For the duration of the Olympics:
CBeebies HD moves from COM7 to COM8
CBBC HD moves from PSB3 to COM7
BBC4 HD moves from COM7 to PSB3
BBC4 and BBC4 HD are full time
RB0 part time on PSB1 (with CBeebies)
RB0 HD part time on COM8 (with CBeebies HD)
RB1 part time on PSB1 (with CBBC)
RB1 full time on COM8
RB2-7 on COM8​

After the Olympics:
CBeebies HD stays on COM8
CBBC HD moves from COM7 back to PSB3
BBC4 HD moves from PSB3 to COM8
BBC4 and BBC4 HD back to part time
RB0 and RB0 HD presumably removed
RB1 back to full time on PSB1
RB1-7 removed from COM8​

Be interesting to see what really happens and when.

Last edited:
Holy shit Batman! None of those affect me, I will just have to decide whether I want the red button stuff.

Surely the PSB3 stuff affects you?

If I were to speculate, I might guess that there would be a broadcaster initiated retune (DSO event) on Wed. 3rd Aug. for the masses to pick this lot up.
I hope to do it with tunefix-update if possible!

What if I want the 'new tuning' but don't want to lose schedules etc. I have disable-dso installed.

Remove disable-dso, install auto-schedule-restore, and keep your fingers crossed. Alternatively prpr might come up with a tuning patch via tunefix.

Done. Fingers crossed. I'll take a pic of my schedule JIC
Use the WebIf to restore it if the automatic restore goes wrong.
Remove disable-dso, install auto-schedule-restore, and keep your fingers crossed.
And install tunefix.
Alternatively prpr might come up with a tuning patch via tunefix.
COM7 and PSB3 are probably do-able with tunefix-update. They hadn't been changed when I last looked.
COM8, which is live now, is going to be a problem as there is nothing suitable to clone using the existing tunefix architecture. I'd need to modify it, but haven't got time at the moment to do it and test it (and I don't have anything at all on COM8, as QVC* has been banished, so even that would be problematic).
A manual retune for COM8 is probably inevitable, but you shouldn't lose anything from the schedule! If you do, you need to see your doctor.

Last edited:
Got it like that. disable-dso, not installed, auto-schedule-restore, and tunefix installed and photo taken.

Just retuned both boxes, schedules and faves restored, easy peasy.
So once again a big thanks to the cfw developers.

(What I did was: manual backup of schedule in webif, autotune on box and save, back in webif diagnostics use reboot, wait while box restarts and then does a second reboot automatically, check schedule channels etc looks right on box (while Wi-Fi is connecting), in webif check schedule (esp that dso event is gone) and check mux list is correct. Done)

Hhmmm...

The only changes are supposed to be to BBC channels, but as well as losing BBC News HD, I've also lost C4+1 HD and 4seven HD.

All come up with a "weak signal" message.

Just switched my T2 on. Disaster. No EPG, No Schedule. Reboot and everything back. Whew.
Just to add complications, the damn TV decided to update S/W at exactly the time I was checking.

Just switched my T2 on. Disaster. No EPG, No Schedule. Reboot and everything back. Whew.
Just to add complications, the damn TV decided to update S/W at exactly the time I was checking.
You are lucky. My 2000T was on and I made the mistake of walking away...
Came back, no EPG, no schedule, and wrong BBC1 and ITV regions.:cry:
After cursing and swearing for 5 minutes, I had to do a manual retune and then re-enter all the scheduled items.:mad:
Damned Humax/Olympics/BBC/etc. (delete as appropriate).

Ha Ha. All I had to do was reboot!!!! Thanks to the wonders of the Custom Firmware.;) Edit. Not so b***** funny now.:(

BLX. CH4HD missing from CH4 and CH5HD missing from Ch5. The SD versions are at 104 & 105 as per tunefix. Any ideas?

EDIT Just tried another reboot. No joy.
EDIT My two missing channels are not in the lower half of Tunefix either.

Last edited:
Back