One Humax Remote control to control Two Humax HDR T2 on same TV

penshaw

At the moment I have one HDR T2 and one Panasonic DVR connected to my Panasonic TV.
All are controlled with the HDR T2 remote contoller.
I want to replace the Panasonic DVR with a second HDR T2.
My question is:
Will I be able to control two HDR T2's and the TV with just one HDR T2 remote controller?

At the moment I have one HDR T2 and one Panasonic DVR connected to my Panasonic TV.
All are controlled with the HDR T2 remote contoller.
I want to replace the Panasonic DVR with a second HDR T2.
My question is:
Will I be able to control two HDR T2's and the TV with just one HDR T2 remote controller?
Doubtfull, you will have to set the new remote to a different channel and use that just for the new box.

I wonder if there is a possibilty of using the DVD button at the top of the remote to control the second HDR T2?

I think you will have to use both Humax remotes as stated above, or use a universal 'learning remote'. We can get around another problem you will have though, that of how to control two humaxs in the same room, there is a answer to this problem on the WiKi HERE

Ah, that's a pity.
Originally I had the Panasonic TV and two Panasonic DVR's but had to use 3 remote controllers.
When I replaced one of the DVR's with an HDR T2, I found I could use just the HDR T2 remote to control everthing!! Brilliant.
So it's sad I'll have to go back to two remotes if I buy another HDR T2.
Many thanks for your help to you both.

Does the latest Harmony database include the option of channels 1-6 for the Humax boxes that can use the system ?
Yes, I believe so. When I programmed mine it asked for input from the original remote so that it could pick the right set.

or the Harmony 300i at £18.06 if you prefer the button layout or want 4 devices - the 300i is the same as the 300 except it has a more matt finish which I much prefer.

af123 would you know if the Harmony 300i (or the 200 for that matter) allows any sequence of key presses to be setup behing the Watch TV key?, I have seen reports that it is not a true 'Macro' key because it only allows power on / Power off key sequencies and I would like to program TV >> Exit >> TV >> Power >> Humax >> Power behind it.

BTW
Sorry to hijack this thread, My enquiry to af123 won't affect what penshaw wants to do

af123 would you know if the Harmony 300i (or the 200 for that matter) allows any sequence of key presses to be setup behing the Watch TV key?
No, it doesn't. You can just specify the devices which are turned on/off and it also doesn't appear to be able to use discrete codes which can result in the devices getting out of sync.

That's a shame, It looks like even the Harmony 900 (£165) will only allow a list of 'activities' that it expects e.g. power, input select etc. than rather any sequence

If you set up the two Humax remotes Using say channels 1 and 2 as detailed in #5 you can than program a Harmony 200 (£13.34) from Amazon to control Humax (channel 1) + Humax (Channel 2) + your T.V. -- Job Done

or the Harmony 300i at £18.06 if you prefer the button layout or want 4 devices - the 300i is the same as the 300 except it has a more matt finish which I much prefer.

Thanks, they look like good solutions.
I'm going ahead to buy the second HDR T2 now and will leave the decision on the remote to my OH, although it looks like she prefers the larger buttons of the Harmony 200 model.
I'm I right in thinking that on the 200 model the CABLE and DVD buttons would be used to select the two HDR's?

Yes, unlike on the Humax Remote, on the harmony any key can be used for anything, so you can have 3 TVs or 3 DVDs. The makers just placed the most likely titles on each button. The other good thing about the Harmony is that even it their database didn't cover all 6 Humax variations you could still get it to 'learn' the codes from the original remotes, so in your case from 2 Humax remotes, one set-up in channel / mode 1 and another in channel / mode 2

Back