Pause button problem.

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with that sort of procedure. Can you give me a link to follow step by step?
This means installing custom firmware on your HDR-FOX, and working up from there. As this is the FOXSAT-HDR section of the forum, this is not the right place to go into detail. Be aware that the remote control handsets are not programmable, what you will be doing is adjusting the response of the HDR-FOX to specific remote control inputs. Start here: Quick Guide to Custom Firmware (click)

Since last posting, I decided to take the older remote (RM-F01) apart and clean the bits. (Pretty nerve-wracking for a first-timer).
Are you aware there is a walk-through (for the RM-F04) on the wiki HERE (click - and follow the link in the last paragraph)?

I decided to re-code the remotes back to their original functions, so I'm back to the status quo.
I don't know what you mean by this, like I said the handsets are not programmable other than to allocate devices to the mode buttons and allocate a control channel (to avoid conflicts with other Humax devices).

Trev, that would explain why you don't see the issue. Selecting stereo causes the box to recode the ac3 audio to lpcm stereo. The audio then is the same as you get from a SD channel. Try turning on surround and try pausing a HD recording.

I could only find Stereo and mono in the TV setup menu. Guess I'm looking in the wrong place, but I couldn't find another option anywhere. Give us a clue please.

So, we are all agreed that turning on surround sound in the HDR and pausing an HD recording causes the problem?

Until Trev confirms that is why he doesn't see the issue can't be certain. If you connect only to a TV there's no point in retaining Dolby Digital audio anyway. It doesn't happen on the freetime boxes so presumably Humax have found a way to avoid the glitch.

It certainly still happens on my Foxsat-HDR, always has.

Right then. Menu Settings TV Setup Dolby Digital On/Off. It makes no difference whether it's on or off. Not does the mono/stereo on/off state. It's still instant. No delay of audio. The prog I was playing was this afternoon's GP Quali. in HD. Connection=HDMI

I'll just go and test it on live TV wind back.

BBC2HD, stereo/mono = stereo, Dolby on. Let it record a while. Rewind. Pause (instant pause of both video and sound). Play by pressing the pause button again (instant play of both video and sound).
Well as near instant as makes no difference.

On live pause there's only a slight hiccup. Did you try it when replaying a recording. It may be down to the way your TV handles Dolby Digital. There's a definite delay via my Denon AV amp which of course has a full Dolby Digital decoder.

Back