PC Construction

I think that's going to be a good name for my PC.

Yes, I'm in general agreement, but still with the problem of picking a mobo from the plethora. The Gigabyte BIOS (if I can call it that) looks interesting for tuning cooling etc.

IIRC Zen was the Liberator's computer and Orac was the precocious but superior "portable" acquired later on.
<boing>
Confirmed.
<boing>

I was mortified when the Liberator got "metal cancer" and Servalan blew it to bits. I hated Slave.

Two things in particular stand out for me:
1. I didn't care for short hair on Women until super baddie Servalan (a sublime fusion of Rachel Ward and Darth Vader)
2. Paul Darrow's wry smile in one episode when we he punched the intercom quickly after the usual "bing, bong" and said "Avon"

The only comment I can pass is ASUS boards are always amongst the most highly rated due to their tuneability and reputation for good quality capacitors.

The die is cast:

IMG_2574.jpg

That's from Overclockers - their prices seemed to be as good as anywhere and better than a few others I looked at. I had a look around for voucher codes too, but couldn't find anything that worked. Searched the local Freecycle for a graphics card, nothing doing and I didn't see the point of paying almost as much for a second hand card on eBay (or wait for delivery from China).

So in theory it will all come in one big Christmas present on Friday, and if any of it doesn't work I only have to deal with one supplier.

Thanks for bearing with me!

What about a cooling fan? Several? Variable speed? I loved the sound of my final desktop, hand built, ramping up the volume as it crunched numbers.

WTF is going on with the formatting of this page?

Nothing.

Simultaneous press of the home button and the power button - but it's a lot more fiddly than iOS.

Back