PC Directory and Video Folders in iPhone Apps

It's a bit hard to tell - many on that list will have been installed as dependencies - webif has lots. mongoose is only there as a hang-over, lighttpd performs that function now. As a general principle, only install something when you find you want it - are you intending to use tvdiary, for example?

Something weird going on there. You have two web interface installations listed, both with an 'Install' button. Should be a single entry with a 'Remove' button.

Hi Raydon, didn't expect to find you here. It's been like this for as long as I can remember. For example, I select the webif 2.87 from the upgrades tab and get "Package webif (2.87) installed in root is up to date" yet that 2.87 package keeps reappearing in the Upgrades tab and the 2 instances of webif with a blank version number still appear as shown in the installed list. I've experienced no problems and so never bothered to follow it up. But, come to think of it, it was like this on my previous Foxsat, which died 4 months ago; I got my present Foxsat on ebay and installed the media package and similarly ended up with a duplicate webif. But I guess I'll get excommunicated if I go on talking about Foxsat here.

Regards

Martin

It's a bit hard to tell - many on that list will have been installed as dependencies - webif has lots. mongoose is only there as a hang-over, lighttpd performs that function now. As a general principle, only install something when you find you want it - are you intending to use tvdiary, for example?

Thank you; I appreciate it. No intention of using tvdiary. I'll get rid.

Martin

I don't get it. It's other servers which conflict with the Humax code, so...
It is, but it is the discovery packets that they send out in order to find other DLNA servers that cause the issue. dlna-filter blocks those discovery packets from reaching the Humax's own DLNA server.
With dlna-filter installed and configured with the just the IP address of the twonky server, everything else on the network will be fine, and the Humax will even be able to play content served from the twonky.

I get you. So clients also send out discovery packets, which the unfocused dlna-filter package blocked. That's a nuisance.

But if I read it correctly, it only blocks for the IP address set in the webif settings.
BUT, if there is no address in settings it blocks for all IP addresses.
So that would include the Hummy itself. This effectively prevents clients finding the Hummy server.
As long as you put an IP address in the settings (not the hummy's) then the Hummy server will still be found.
I suspect martinr had a blank address in his settings.

EDIT: http://hummy.tv/forum/index.php?thr...Video-Folders-in-iPhone-Apps.6080/#post-79621

"I suspect Martinr had a blank address in his settings"

Correct; it was blank. I temporarily reinstalled dlna-filter to familiarise myself with its Settings, following the discussion above. As the Fox T2 is not affected by the Foxsat, I've now uninstalled the package. Thanks for the fascinating discussion.

Martin

Perhaps the wiki needs expanding a little to explain that dlna_filter will block access to the Hummy DLNA server if the settings parameter is left blank.

Back