Permanent "Deleting..."

peterpi

My T2 missed a few recordings, and will not pause. I've done a manual recording, and although the blue light turns red, I don't see my recordings in the media list and when I stop the recording it gives me the usual 30 seconds warning, although I've been recording for several minutes.

I have the custom firmware installed, and its reporting that i have 72GB available.

I've done on power recycle, but no change. I'll try a few more, and if I have any luck I'll report back. I might try to re install the custom firmware also.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Are you getting the 'Deleting *' symbol displayed on the Media Screen? If so there is a fix for this in the Custom Firmware HERE, after you have installed the Custom Firmware, you need to run fix-disk. Select options 1 and 1 for fix-disk and answer Yes to the question "Are you having problems with a delete loop [Y/N]?"

Are you getting the 'Deleting *' symbol displayed on the Media Screen?

Yes that's correct.

If so there is a fix for this in the Custom Firmware HERE, after you have installed the Custom Firmware, you need to run fix-disk. Select options 1 and 1 for fix-disk and answer Yes to the question "Are you having problems with a delete loop [Y/N]?"
I've had the custom firmware installed for a while. I see the firmware (software) version 1.02.29

I shall try the Telnet fix now.

Thanks.

I'm having difficulties using Telnet. I must have used it before, as putty was already downloaded.

When I run PuTTY I get the config screen and enter the ip address of the T2.
See attachment.

When I press Open, I get a Command Prompt screen with humax# but I'm stuck there.

Attachments

• PuTTY.jpg
    PuTTY.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 10
Are you running the latest version of the custom firmware? You should upgrade to version 2.15 before running the disk repair process as a lot of improvements have been made in that area, and you will get the menu system that's referenced in the documentation.

I've just downloaded

I'm going to install now.

Cheers
I was going to install it, but I don't get the normal firmware upgrade screen. Just the normal screen I get when I insert an 8GB USB drive. It is formatted to FAT32 and I've used it in the past to transfer files smaller than 4GB. So I'm stuck!

UPDATE.

I making some progress with PuTTY and I'm doing a disk check.

I'll report back on my progress.

Thanks again to all of you.

Just be cautious if you aren't running the latest firmware version. There were a lot of improvements and bug fixes in the disk checker in recent versions and I would always recommend that you upgrade first.

The USB stick may not be working because the HDF file ended up being fragmented on there. Doing a fresh format then copying the file back on again should solve it.

UPDATE.

I making some progress with PuTTY and I'm doing a disk check.

I'll report back on my progress.

I went through the Maintenance procedure, selected 1 - Check and repair......

Took quite a while to fix, and I did not get the "delete loop" prompt, but after it finished, I exited and now its back to normal.

Thank you all again.

Pete

Back