Persistent "pending system notifications" popup

MymsMan

Ad detector
Usually once I have acknowledged the "pending system notifications" messages they disapear and stay away for the rest of the day but today they are reappearing every time I refresh the EPG or switch to another page of the webif and it is becoming a PITA.
It is happening on a couple of computers and I have tried clearing cache - Humax is just about to record so haven't tried a reboot yet.

Humax HDR Fox T2 (Humax) - Mozilla Firefox 18122014 135722.png

BTW the thread link in the WEbif status is ancient pointing to the long closed 1.0.13 announcement trhead

Last edited:
Yes, it does it here too.
As a workaround you can delete the file /mod/tmp/notify.log using telnet ("rm /mod/tmp/notify.log").
The cause appears to be this (via "/mod/webif/include/notify.jim"):
Code:
$.get('/diag/clearlog.jim?file=/mod/tmp/notify.log&unlink=1');
There is no file /mod/webif/html/diag/clearlog.jim on the disk, so I suspect a packaging problem.

Thanks - it's due to the introduction of the new log viewer. I had forgotten that script was used for this too.
I'll fix it in an update tonight (along with the link!)

Thanks - it's due to the introduction of the new log viewer.
I'm afraid that doesn't work here either. It just displays that damned spinner and says "Loading..." constantly. This was on a 1 line 13 byte file! I did try it on something else just to be sure, but it fails on big files too :)

I'm afraid that doesn't work here either. It just displays that damned spinner and says "Loading..." constantly. This was on a 1 line 13 byte file! I did try it on something else just to be sure, but it fails on big files too :)
Which browser? Working for me with Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Haven't tried IE yet and that one is the most likely to have problems.

Edit: have tried IE now and it's working fine there too.

Last edited:
Hmm - that seems to be coming from the Passwordbox extension.. wonder what's going on?

I disabled Passwordbox and tried again and didn't get the unresponsive script box so that may be a red herring.

However I do get a never ending Loading message and the Acknowledge, Reload and Clear Log buttons remain greyed out.
All 5000 lines are loaded into the window which is not split into pages as implied by the Page: heading line

The Highlight function does work.

If the log is to be split in to pages there needs to be a proper Search function that can find keywords anywhere in the log, searching page by page rapidly becomes tedious!

upload_2014-12-18_23-10-22.png

The filter does search the whole log and paginates the results.
Not sure what's going on with the loading - can you see anything in the firefox web console?

I have never seen the filter bar (except in your screenshot).
It appears that the load completes and the buttons are enabled if the log size is less than 50 lines (approx) but the load never completes for bigger logs, even when the load completes I don't see the filter field.

When loading larger logs I see the following in the console
Code:
TypeError: e.addWidget is not a function

...wrapper+'" style="position:relative;height:100%;width:100%"></div>'), a.cssIcon&...

jquery.....min.js (line 7) http://humax/lib/jquery.plugin/tablesorter2/jquery.tablesorter.widgets.min.js
TypeError: k.css is undefined

...Remove.slice(1))&&!a.countChildRows?0:1,r===m&&"none"!==g[b].style.display&&g[b]...

jquery.....min.js (line 2, col 4908) http://humax/lib/jquery.plugin/tablesorter2/jquery.tablesorter.pager.min.js

Which browser? Working for me with Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Haven't tried IE yet and that one is the most likely to have problems.
I've tried it on FF34 (Linux Mint 17-64), FF34 (Win7Pro32), IE11 (Win7Pro32) and they all do the same thing, which is diddly squat.
I tried disabling all the FF extensions and that made no difference either.
Where is the Javascript for this?
One other observation - the hover text for the First, Previous, Next, Last buttons needs to be quoted to say "First page" etc. otherwise it just says "First" and generates an error in HTML Validator.

Not sure what's going on with the loading - can you see anything in the firefox web console?
On a page load I get:
TypeError: k is undefined jquery.tablesorter.pager.min.js:2
TypeError: $(...).tablesorterPager is not a function

Commenting out both the lines in log/script.js that try calling that function makes the file load, but obviously with reduced functionality.

I think it's a problem with the order in which the javascript plugin files are loaded. Could you look at the source of the page and see if jquery.tablesorter.min.js is loaded before or after jquery.tablesorter.pager.min.js? In your case I suspect that pager is being loaded first which is causing the problem.

The "Pending system notifications" problem has gone away - Thanks :)

I still have the log viewer problem and as you will see below pager is being loaded first as you suspected.
Code:
<script src="/lib/jquery.plugin/tablesorter2/jquery.tablesorter.widgets.min.js" type="text/javascript">
<script src="/lib/jquery.plugin/tablesorter2/jquery.tablesorter.pager.min.js" type="text/javascript">
<script src="/lib/jquery.plugin/tablesorter2/jquery.tablesorter.min.js" type="text/javascript">
I can live without the log viewer for a while since I don't often look at logs unless there is a problem and wouldn't have looked at them yesterday if you hadn't mentioned the change!

I too had a persistent notification - in this case a crash. It had a button to ack, but pushing that had no effect, and some of the other pages were oddly presented.
Finally ,after restarting the HDR several times, I cleared my FF browser cache, and restarted FF - the thing then disappeared.
I've now taken advantage of the latest webif update.

I think it's a problem with the order in which the javascript plugin files are loaded. Could you look at the source of the page and see if jquery.tablesorter.min.js is loaded before or after jquery.tablesorter.pager.min.js? In your case I suspect that pager is being loaded first which is causing the problem.
Code:
<script type=/lib/jquery.plugin/enadis/enadis.js"></script>
<script type=/lib/jquery.plugin/tablesorter2/jquery.tablesorter.pager.min.js"></script>
<script type=/lib/jquery.plugin/tablesorter2/jquery.tablesorter.min.js"></script>
<script type=/lib/jquery.plugin/tablesorter2/jquery.tablesorter.widgets.min.js"></script>

So, tracing this through:

In directory /mod/webif/html/lib/jquery.plugin/tablesorter2 using jimsh
. puts [glob -nocomplain *.js]
jquery.tablesorter.pager.min.js jquery.tablesorter.min.js jquery.tablesorter.widgets.min.js
. puts [lsort [glob -nocomplain *.js]]
jquery.tablesorter.min.js jquery.tablesorter.pager.min.js jquery.tablesorter.widgets.min.js

Modifying /mod/webif/lib/setup to include the lsort makes the page load.

We've had this stuff with glob before (to do with the order of plugins shown on the main page).
But is this file include ordering error always going to be solved by loading things alphabetically?
Possibly not.

Last edited:
For consistency, I think you should wrap all "glob" calls with "lsort". I've identified these that need attention (relative to /mod/webif/):
cgi-bin/db.jim: needs lsort and -nocomplain
html/log/_lib.jim: needs lsort
html/backup/backup.jim: needs lsort
html/browse/newdir.jim: needs lsort
lib/bin/auto: needs lsort
lib/ts.class: needs lsort

Last edited:
Back