Picture breaks up on recordings while Auto Decrypt is running

Deletions via the on-TV interface do a truncate delete too. trm is actually a utility that I wrote to replicate the way that the Humax software removes recordings.

As has been noted, undelete defers deletions and batches them up for the first boot of the day so can alleviate some problems. It shouldn't be necessary with a healthy disk and filesystem though.

Thanks for the posts.

I'm somewhat relieved that at least one other person has noticed picture break ups when files are being deleted, at least I'm not going mad!

My HDRFOXT2 is only seven months old and I've run fix-disk a couple of times and all looked well to me.

How does the Humax handle the deletion of the original file after auto decrypt has run?

As I've said before with undelete installed I've not noticed any problem.
I guess most folks who have the CF would have undelete installed so would not encounter my original problem.

I also experienced the picture break ups when I first installed CF (recently). I put it down to over enthusiastic copying on my part, as I sought to take advantage of the auto-unprotect functionality.
I don't have undelete installed. Though I may have been deleting files at the same time as copying.
Now that I am back to normal usage, I haven't noticed any further break-up issues.

Hi,

I have been noticing picture breakups for a long while now on my number 2 box but didn't bother to explore this forum for an answer . . .

Checking here looks like the issue I have except I have undelete installed from the start and have always had this issue and still do ! I have updated all packages.

In the autolog and on browsing in via WebIF I get warnings about quite a few programs failing to decrypt and they keep repeating over time so it seems there is almost always some decrypting going on.

Some say file size mismatch others just say failed, though now I have done the latest update the log display is different ???

Any ideas ???

Also the SysMon pages for HDD Temp and CPU fail to render the graphs ??????
All OK on my Number 1 HDR !

--------

EDIT Update.
Following further reading and applying decrypt fixes see next post

Last edited:
To fix SysMon Graphics

Remove the /mod/monitor/monitor.db file

How do I do this ???

EDIT:

Installed betaftpd
FTP using FileZilla - Host: YourHumaxName , UserName: root , Password: 0000
Renamed file to monitor.xdb

Now showing graphs again albeit pretty empty as expected.

Thanks for the Forum !
Happy New Year

---------
Decrypt issues

I have - Reset the DLNA Database as suggested and run the fixencflags diagnostic
Re-Booted
Box has now decrypted first previously failed recording and is working on the second . . . .

Fingers crossed

Thanks to all - Decrypt seems to be working now - Hope it also fixes the breakup that was happening !

Last edited:
Hi,

Not totally good news . . .

Sysmon graphs missing content:
HDD Temp and Network reappeared but CPU Usage graph never re-populated !!!

Decrypt errors:
My HDR2 - 1.03.12 _ 2.23 (Kernel HDR-1.02.29)
After resetting DLNA DB
ENC Icon in list stays after recording finishes. Decrypt doesn't happen at the next 10 minute point.
Re-boot and ENC goes and Decrypt starts at next 10 min point but decrypting fails
and a DLNA DB reset is again required to start correct decryption.

Tried update to 1.03.12 _ 3.00 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00) but this is the same.

Downdated to 1.02.29 _ 2.15 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00) and ENC Icon disappears at end of recording and Decrypt starts at next 10 min point.

Decrypt now seems to work as I had always seen it before and CPU Usage is now showing data again (yay)

Seems strange that I have had to go back to 1.02.29 to get things working again - I updated packages about 2 months ago (mid November) and that was apparently when HDR2-1.03.12 stopped decrypting correctly.

Any ideas ?

Deletions via the on-TV interface do a truncate delete too. trm is actually a utility that I wrote to replicate the way that the Humax software removes recordings.

As has been noted, undelete defers deletions and batches them up for the first boot of the day so can alleviate some problems. It shouldn't be necessary with a healthy disk and filesystem though.
Currently auto doesn't consistently use trm i.e. file tdelete. During a decrypt, the decrypted file is deleted using file delete if there is a failure after getting it (3 cases). Also the log file, which is largish is deleted with file delete.

I used to get picture breakups too - they happened whenever the auto sequence ran whilst I was chase playing. I found that the combination of i) switching off autoshrink (which makes a mess of the TS file) ii) tweaking autodecrypt to check for 'file in use' before 'file not indexed' and 'server not running' which got out of the sequence earlier and more cheaply in my case iii) only run it once an hour so the problem only happened once an hour rather than every ten minutes meant that I effectively avoided the problem. (I've not tried going back to once every ten minutes - no plus points and a possible negative).

I've never run undelete - may be that would have sorted me out.

Any ideas why auto decrypt fails on every recording yet works when an individual file is selected for manual decryption. On a separate topic the virtual drive has disappeared from the media list on one of HDR FOX T2's and remains in the list on the other. Both have same software and packages installed. The drive is present on both when viewed by FTP.

Attachments

• screen_2015-01-07 15.15.10.jpg
    screen_2015-01-07 15.15.10.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 14
If you have not done so already, I would rebuild the DLNA database: turn of content sharing on the box, reset (Web-If>Diagnostics>DLNA server) and turn content sharing back on. Then try a forced reinstall of Web-If (Web-If>Diagnostics, or telnet). This should fix any problems with crontabs entries.

If you have not done so already, I would rebuild the DLNA database: turn of content sharing on the box, reset (Web-If>Diagnostics>DLNA server) and turn content sharing back on. Then try a forced reinstall of Web-If (Web-If>Diagnostics, or telnet). This should fix any problems with crontabs entries.

Thanks - got as far turning content sharing back on. What package do I force-reinstall Web-If isn't recognised.

Thanks - got as far turning content sharing back on. What package do I force-reinstall Web-If isn't recognised.
Sounds like you don't need to force reinstall Web-If, but if you did I think you have to type it in lower case without the hyphen: sorry the function is case sensitive (and requires the correct spelling, of course) and I didn't think about that when I posted. If you need to do a force reinstall for any package, check the list of installed packages (Web-If>Package Management) and type the name exactly as presented in the list.

Back