Picure breaking up on HD channels

Ian1943

I have HDR-1800T which has only been in use for about 2 months. I bought this reconditioned model 2 or 3 years ago as a standby if my other Humax box failed.
Found that on the HD channels picture breaks up - its OK on SD channels. A 5G mast was erected visible from my kitchen window which possibly could cause this problem.
The company sorting out problems due to 5G signals sent me a filter to correct the problem which it did for a week -- then the problem resumed altho not quite as bad as before.
So we are now back to watching SD channels. The weird thing is that 2 other TVs which are fed from the same signal distribution box are not affected.
Can any one offer any advice.

I have HDR-1800T which has only been in use for about 2 months. I bought this reconditioned model 2 or 3 years ago as a standby if my other Humax box failed.
Found that on the HD channels picture breaks up - its OK on SD channels. A 5G mast was erected visible from my kitchen window which possibly could cause this problem.
The company sorting out problems due to 5G signals sent me a filter to correct the problem which it did for a week -- then the problem resumed altho not quite as bad as before.
So we are now back to watching SD channels. The weird thing is that 2 other TVs which are fed from the same signal distribution box are not affected.
Can any one offer any advice.
Please can you tell us what the signal strength and quality as reported by the Humax is when tuned to an SD channel and when tuned to an HD channel?

Also the frequencies of the SD and HD tuned into.

My basic advice would be to go back to the Restore TV people. They may send someone out to sort you out if they believe it it 5G causing the problem.

Go over all the cables and connections with a fine tooted comb to ensure they are not letting in any unwanted interference.

Is there any amplification (aka boosters) involved in the aerial system? If yes is the filter between aerial and such amplifier?

At the moment Signal Detection indicator is not visible. Tried switching box off and swwitching on again but still not visible.
I quoted signal strength and quality from memory and am happy that my memory is correct.
I was instructed to fit the filter as you stated but unfortunately the distribultion amplifier is up in the loft and am not able to access it.
Consequently as two other TV's were not affected I fitted it directly between the feed and the main TV

I was instructed to fit the filter as you stated but unfortunately the distribultion amplifier is up in the loft and am not able to access it.
Consequently as two other TV's were not affected I fitted it directly between the feed and the main TV
If it is 5G related then it needs to go where you can't get - get someone else to do it. There is no point having it where it is now, as the signal damage has already been done, so you might as well remove it.

Go back to Restore TV. They should send someone out to fit the filter where it needs to be.

Their work is funded by the mobile phone companies who are using the ex-UHF TV frequencies so no need to pay yourself.

Back