Playing Files from Internal Hard Drive.

It's weird. Can anyone else reproduce this observation?

I have a similar problem to Paul.
I have a number .mkv files in several folders on a USB drive attached to my HDR-1100S.
The files play normally until the final 20/30 seconds, when the Humax skips to the next file in the folder.
When I play the last file in a folder, the last 20/30 seconds of video is lost and a warning triangle with the message "not supported format" appears.
The audio, however continues playing till the end.
If I then fast forward to a point just before the video dropped out, I can play the missing 20/30 seconds.
All the files play normally on my laptop when the USB drive is connected to it.

Regards,

Danny

Is this only with MKV?
Sounds like Danny is experiencing the same issue as we are and for us it affects every file type we play from the hard drive.
If we are watching the last file in a folder on the hard drive, we get the same 20/30 seconds of lost video and warning triangle with the message "not supported format"
Regards,
Paul

Can you confirm whether this affects all files of various formats (.MP4, .MPG, .TS etc), or has it only been observed with .MKV? Have you tried .MP4 at all?

I have a similar problem to Paul.
I have a number .mkv files in several folders on a USB drive attached to my HDR-1100S.
The files play normally until the final 20/30 seconds, when the Humax skips to the next file in the folder.
When I play the last file in a folder, the last 20/30 seconds of video is lost and a warning triangle with the message "not supported format" appears.
The audio, however continues playing till the end.
If I then fast forward to a point just before the video dropped out, I can play the missing 20/30 seconds.
All the files play normally on my laptop when the USB drive is connected to it.
Regards,
Danny
Hi Danny,
Your Humax is doing exactly the same playing files from the USB as mine is from the Hard Drive.
Sounds like a "firmware" issue with the unit. It seems to have decided to add all items in the folder to a playlist, but then misses the last bits.
If we could turn off the playlist, that would solve the issue, but I can't find an option to do that.
Regards,
Paul

Yep, I think that has to be the conclusion. All you can do is report it to Humax and hope they issue a firmware update (it has happened!).

An email seems as good a bet as any. In my experience they don't tend to reply, but following my report of a similar bug in the HDR-FOX code (some years ago) it got fixed. The key is to explain in detail what the fault is, the exact equipment affected, and precisely how to reproduce it.

It will help get attention if you also show that the fault invalidates a particular promise made in the pre-purchase advertising for the unit - for example, is playback of imported media advertised in a brochure, on the web site, or on the retail packaging? If it isn't, then the unit is not unfit for purpose, and Humax are not under any obligation to fix it.

I'm also having trouble with "resume", it's just not reliable. Would you suggest I include that in the same email, or send two separate ones?

Back