Please help me recover my disk CFW 3.11 & 3.12

Hi Af123, Can you advise on the next step for mounting the partition. Do you think it would be worth taking the hard drive out, connecting it to a pc and running data recovery software on it? or are there a few more things to try via telnet?

Thanks for your time.

Best wishes,

Have you tried a reboot followed by the mount command at the end of the last post?
Fingers crossed that should make the recordings accessible but the disk /is/ pretty broken...

Just tried that and got:
Code:
humax# mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/hd2                                                                                                                                                                                   
mount: mounting /dev/sda2 on /mnt/hd2 failed: Device or resource busy

That probably means that the disk has automatically mounted during boot in which case your recordings should be visible somewhere.

Just wanted to thank you all for the help and support. I finally have all the recordings back. I wasn't able to find them via telnet, so I replaced the hard drive and put the old one in a docking station attached to my pc. I started using data recovery software which found the recording but all split into thousands of separate files which really didn't work. I then used the free Easus partition recovery tool which restored the lost partition, and all the recordings were back. I still don't know what caused the corruption of the drive and I won't be putting it back in the Humax as I have a new one now.

Thanks again for all the hard work you do. I have made a donation to the site. All best wishes.

You're welcome. Sorry for the latency in replies that made the whole thing take longer than necessary.

Back