1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forum software that supports hummy.tv will be upgraded on Sunday to XenForo 2.0 and so will be unavailable for periods during the day. This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us, there will doubtless be further style changes required following this work.

Popups, is it you or me?

Discussion in 'Site/Forum Issues' started by grumpy jim, Oct 23, 2011.

1. grumpy jim

grumpy jim New Member

Hi, I am getting a popup on a regular basis both before log on and during session. Quote "An add on for this site failed to run" unquote.
    I am just curious if it is the site or my browser (I/E). No big deal, just curious. If it is me, I won't be making any alterations as I leave all my security settings to my o/s and antivirus and keep it as secure as possible.
  2. Black Hole

Black Hole May contain traces of nut

I'm using IE8 on a fairly naive basis, and never seen a pop-up like that.
  3. gomezz

gomezz Well-Known Member

No pop-ups here using IE9 and pop-up blocking turned on. What version of IE are you running and what are your pop-up blocking settings?
  4. grumpy jim

grumpy jim New Member

I believe it will be i/e 8 - Windows 7 home - 32/64bit- Avg free antivirus.
    I believe popups are disabled as I frequently see "popup blocked" on my travels round the web which is how I like it.
    No worries, as it's not a problem, I just tick the X and away it goes until the next time. Just a harmless irritation. Cheers.