possible work around for no sound issue?

Trev

The Dumb One
Is Mandy's problem a known problem that has been fixed in a software update?
If no, there is little point in updating.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Is Mandy's problem a known problem that has been fixed in a software update?
Seems cut and dried to me:
The release note on the website says;

Release Notes:
-. HDMI No Sound Issue is fixed.

Firmware update by USB problems could simply be compatibility of default USB drivers with the UPD being used. If the current firmware version is not the latest version, it is a necessary step to update before trying to fault-find further.

Last edited:

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eg no sound when switching from playback to live TV mode. I tried doing the software update via a (correctly-formatted) USB and it just didn't work as the instructions described.
Can you describe exactly how the USB memory stick was formatted?

Trev

The Dumb One
Seems cut and dried to me:
The primary problem of not being able to update is, yes. But the underlying sound problem is definitely not. I cannot imagine how a software update would fix it UNLESS there has been a known sound problem that the update addresses, as I'm sure the 'old' software would not give the sound problem, and I would be looking elsewhere.
But hey ho, there's nowt so strange as stuff.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
UNLESS there has been a known sound problem that the update addresses
...which there has, but that's not the point. Fault finding should always start from a known baseline, whether you happen to think it is relevant to the problem or not.

Luke

Well-Knwοn Мember
I'm concerned that if there are a lot of posts before MandyH posts again that the two posts that ask for more details are going to be swamped.
I.e.
My recorder isn't connected to the internet so I can't get a software update that way.
Can't you, even temporarily?
and
I tried doing the software update via a (correctly-formatted) USB
Can you describe exactly how the USB memory stick was formatted?