possible work around for no sound issue?

Is Mandy's problem a known problem that has been fixed in a software update?
If no, there is little point in updating.

Is Mandy's problem a known problem that has been fixed in a software update?
Seems cut and dried to me:
The release note on the website says;

Release Notes:
-. HDMI No Sound Issue is fixed.

Firmware update by USB problems could simply be compatibility of default USB drivers with the UPD being used. If the current firmware version is not the latest version, it is a necessary step to update before trying to fault-find further.

Last edited:
Eg no sound when switching from playback to live TV mode. I tried doing the software update via a (correctly-formatted) USB and it just didn't work as the instructions described.
Can you describe exactly how the USB memory stick was formatted?

Seems cut and dried to me:
The primary problem of not being able to update is, yes. But the underlying sound problem is definitely not. I cannot imagine how a software update would fix it UNLESS there has been a known sound problem that the update addresses, as I'm sure the 'old' software would not give the sound problem, and I would be looking elsewhere.
But hey ho, there's nowt so strange as stuff.

UNLESS there has been a known sound problem that the update addresses
...which there has, but that's not the point. Fault finding should always start from a known baseline, whether you happen to think it is relevant to the problem or not.

I'm concerned that if there are a lot of posts before MandyH posts again that the two posts that ask for more details are going to be swamped.
I.e.
My recorder isn't connected to the internet so I can't get a software update that way.
Can't you, even temporarily?
and
I tried doing the software update via a (correctly-formatted) USB
Can you describe exactly how the USB memory stick was formatted?

Can't you, even temporarily?
Sorry for very slow reply, I missed the notification!

How would I connect my recorder to the internet? it didn't come with a dongle, but if there's a way to do it, it sounds like that might result in the software being updated?

Old thread I know, but some people might still use this box. I had the HDR 2000T for awhile, it was fine for about 18 months, then this no voices problem started. I tried everything, re-setting to factory defaults, high quality cables etc, I downloaded and installed the software / firmware updates. these worked for a few days. maybe a week, then it was back to no voices. I had found the only real cure for this problem is to use a SCART lead, not HDMI. I found using the SCART connection, I had no problems at all with sound. I eventually replaced this box with a Humax BT branded Youview box as I idealy I wanted HDMI viewing. If you stilll have the HDR 2000T and have this problem, I would recommend changing it or if you want to keep it, just use a SCART lead and save yourself a lot of frustration.

Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue. Check if you hear sound from the source device (Blu-ray Disc™ player, set-top box, etc.) after completing each step.

If you have an Android TV™, check the HDMI® signal format in the TV menu settings. If it is set to Enhanced, change it to Standard.
On the remote control, press the HOME button.
Select Settings.
The next steps will vary depending on your TV menu options:
Select Watching TV → External Inputs → HDMI signal format → select the appropriate HDMI 1 - 4 → Standard format.
Select External Inputs → HDMI signal format → select the appropriate HDMI 1 - 4 → Standard format.
Note: The HDMI signal format setting is specific for each HDMI terminal. This means that you may need to follow the steps above to change the settings for each HDMI termail to which a device is connected.
Make sure the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the source device (set-top box, Blu-ray Disc™ player, etc.) and the TV.
Make sure that the you're using the appropriate inputs when you use an HDMI connection that supports the ARC feature .
Set the TV to the correct video input to receive the signal from the source device.
Set the audio output setting of the source device to output a compatible audio signal.
Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI input of the TV, and connect the source device to a different TV.
Note: This step determines if the issue is with the source device or the HDMI cable. If the sound is heard on another TV, reconnect the source device to the TV and continue with the steps below.
Select your TV type to perform a power reset.
Android TVs
Other TVs
Replace the HDMI cable.
Perform a factory reset.
Android TVs
Other TVs
If the issue still occurs, repair may be required. Go to Product Repair.

Back