Power On by Remote

I have seen this happen when the original Remote is 'Learned' by a universal Remote e.g. the Harmony. It happens because the the sequence is normally sent repeatedly on the original but only once on the learned remote. The solution is to re-learn the original command by holding the key down longer so that a repeat pattern is learned

Original remote. Neither is it that the second button press is a sustained one. Two brief presses does it, or one very long press.

Original remote. Neither is it that the second button press is a sustained one. Two brief presses does it, or one very long press.

It could still be something to do with the repetition of the sequence, although why the remote should start sending the sequence only once I couldn't say. You could check to see if the sequence is being repeated by viewing with a digital camera

Although he hasn't chipped in yet, I know a certain holographic phone number of my acquaintance has exactly the same thing. Which is why I raised it. At this stage I'm not so much looking for off-the-cuff hypotheses as data.

Trying to establish how common it is. I have already tried all the simple answers.

It is not a high-priority issue (I habitually use a double press to fire up), more of an annoyance. I have never seen the same on the HDR-FOX (despite switching RCs). I have a hunch it is related to the failed boot problem (if I try to turn on again too soon after turning off, the boot cycle crashes back to standby each time and the only way to get it up is to press the box button the moment the power LED turns red).

Only HD-FOX users can contribute useful observations at this stage.

Never had that problem on my HD (original 3-digit code remote).

The remote control code is common across the two models.

Just asked SWMBO and she says this has happened to her on occasion. I will do some quick tests later on ( when I'm not trying to navigate the Trafford Centre!)

Hmm...

It's a 3-digit remote I currently use with it. My 4-digit remote is elsewhere, I'll try it when I get a chance. Meanwhile I can test a programmed Harmony (when I judge the power-off to have been long enough).

One long press or two short ones does it for me. My remote handset is RM-F04/ADB 1.0. Can't remember whether it is 3 or 4-digit.

You will recall that some remotes are incorrectly marked. I can't remember which way it is, but the relevant topics are in the index.

Hmm again.

The Harmony (programmed by downloading definitions from the interweb) started it first go. Then I tried my Humax remote and it also started it first go...

You will recall that some remotes are incorrectly marked. I can't remember which way it is, but the relevant topics are in the index.
Yes, I also have a 3-digit remote which is labelled ADB 1.0, instead of the normal MDB 1.3, this came with a HDR-FOX T2.

Weird! It seems using an alternative remote has somehow reset my HD-FOX - after a long series of observations as stated in the OP, it is now responding to the original remote first go.

I cannot offer any rationale for this, the observations will remain on record on the off-chance somebody else sees something similar. It may be some time before I can test the same "fix" on another HD-FOX of my acquaintance.

Back