power supply

crensdale

Hello
I'm trying to help a family member with their Foxsat HDR remotely. They're saying that it's reluctant to power up, and if they unplug it a few times, it does eventually do so, and then works ok. So I'm thinking it's probably the internal power supply that's going. Does anyone know if that PSU is obtainable anywhere, or at least have a part number I can search for? Yes I could get a used box but it might be cheaper to get just the PSU if possible.
Thanks

You're fishing in the dark without further investigation, you might find you replace the PSU and still have the problem. A used Foxsat would cover more bases (and probably be easier to find than a naked PSU board).

That could just as easily be as simple as a loose or broken cable in the power lead that makes contact again after repeated movement.

Thanks. I think it's the pw808 isn't it, which isn't available, so yes, used Foxsat it is.
It mentions elsewhere about being careful handling the PSU because of stored charge. Is there a way to make sure that's not an issue? Will the charge not dissipate after a certain time, maybe with it plugged in but turned off at the plug?

Back