[poweron-channel] Always start up with the same channel.

Version 1.0.0 released which includes this setting.

If you select a power-on channel as well as a group, you need to make sure that the selected channel is in the group or the Humax will revert back to the default TV group containing all channels.

Version 1.0.0 released which includes this setting.

If you select a power-on channel as well as a group, you need to make sure that the selected channel is in the group or the Humax will revert back to the default TV group containing all channels.

Thanks for this, I've given it a test and all appears to be working well!!

I appreciate the quick update.

This is a new package which I've been running for a while on my box to make sure that it always comes up on a children's channel no matter what we were last watching. I've finally got around to knocking up the web interface side of it and packaging it up!

It might be of use to some people.
Is this so your children aren't treated to Babestation when they switch it on (last station viewed...)?

Version 1.0.1 just uploaded. Minor update that allows for arbitrary options in the settings database to be modified at boot time via a configuration file at /mod/boot/pox (available in the quick edit window).

Here's the default pox file:

Code:
# Poweron-channel additional options.

# Example: uncomment the following line to disable subtitles on every boot
#TBL_MENUCONFIG:SUBTITLE_DISPLAY_F:1

# Example: uncomment the following line to turn the DLNA server on at each
# boot in case it has been turned off.
#TBL_MENUCONFIG:DMS_START_ON:1

The first option is the one I wanted in particular. No idea why but the kids always watch TV with subtitles. Now that option gets turned off whenever the box is turned on.

# Example: uncomment the following line to disable subtitles on every boot
#TBL_MENUCONFIG:SUBTITLE_DISPLAY_F:1

Does it actually DISABLE subtitles completely or just make sure that they are turned off when the box starts?
If the latter then perhaps the inline comment is misleading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Idea for additional capability: considering the spate of people complaining about the disable-ota update, is it possible to have a "last viewed channel" option? The WebIF is able to track the current channel, so it would be a case of writing that info somewhere to be stuffed into the database at next boot (but ignoring record/reminder boots).

I get signal from 2 regions. I use power on to start on BBC1.

For the majority of times the humax displays only one regions' EPG (i.e that of the region currently being viewed.)
If before shutting down the HDR I view the second region (not freeview) and, it's EPG is complete poweron-channel restarts on BBC1 enabling both the freeview EPG and nonfreeview EPG are visible on the humax/TV.

(For 15 minutes the webif EPG displays the non-freeview EPG then displays the BBC channels).
When I change channel or stop a recording then the humax/tv reverts to only one region (freeview or nonfreeview depending on the channel being viewed).

Recently I noticed that there is a difference when the HDR starts for a scheduled event. When it starts for a scheduled event and the box is turned on there is only the EPG region from one region.

I had a red bang (!) next to this this morning. Has this been removed as it said not in repository any more ?
My Humax also crashed last night and had to do a full setup again, weird.

Yes, this package has been replaced with boot-settings. If you're happy with it there's no need to migrate but it is no longer available nor maintained.
(Why are people calling it "bang"? *confused*)

I called it a bang because I saw someone else call it that and it was fresh in my mind, Should be Exclamation mark sorry.
I will try the new package then cheers.
Thanks for the reply.

Back