Press Pause & Numbers Show what are they?

Nontech

When watching a recorded film I pressed the "Pause" button on remote.
Got screen display of numbers in this format 19:55:52 & counting upwards.
What is this?
Do I have to take any action?

When watching a recorded film I pressed the "Pause" button on remote.
Got screen display of numbers in this format 19:55:52 & counting upwards.
What is this?
It is a screen saver showing the time. Press pause again (twice) when ready to resume watching.

Martin, Thanks,
Now I feel quite stupid!
Why oh why, do they not just put this in the User's Manual?

Thanks, I will do that, but I also feel that the Users Manual is of very poor quality & Humax could learn a great deal by viewing the User Manuals of other companies products.

Thanks, I will do that, but I also feel that the Users Manual is of very poor quality & Humax could learn a great deal by viewing the User Manuals of other companies products.
Would you be happy to pay more money for a better User Manual? Can you suggest any other companies products which do have better User Manuals?
It is fairly normal these days to just get a Quick Start Guide with products, and to have a full manual available to download as a PDF document.

Have not looked recently but Panasonic were always the best in terms of Customer Experiance in User Manuals.
Could be worth Humax looking to see if they could improve.
Re the PDF version, yes I know it's available but it has the same information as the Manual supplied with the Product.

For information, the screen saver clock appears after a few minutes of pause (live or recorded), or if a non-video service is selected (eg a radio channel), or TV Portal playback is paused.

If you don't like the default screensaver, a variety of alternatives (including a random choice from a user-defined selection, changed each boot) is available through the custom firmware - see Wiki HERE (click), and forum notes HERE (click). Note we can change the appearance or make it black, but not stop it happening. I use a random selection myself, it keeps it fresh.

I would prefer the paper copy of the Quick Start Guide plus a full PDF because the manufactures are more likely to make the PDF contain everything if they aren't worrying about the cost of a few more paper pages, however as Nontech has said, the paper copy and the PDF are the same in this case and although I don't want to be told about the screensaver particularly, there are quite a few items that do need to be in the user manual

The PDF versions of the manuals have been updated since the earliest paper versions, but still could do with further updates to cover changes and new features brought about after subsequent firmware updates.

I strongly believe in continuous improvement, so what about this idea to Humax, if they do not already do it.
The Humax Help Desk, I assume, keeps a log of Phone calls & e mails by problem type. So why not compile a “Top Ten” listing of problems encountered as FAQ's & publish these in in User Manual & the PDF version.
Not only would it help Customers it would decrease the number of calls/e mails to the Help Desk giving a cost saving & faster response times.

Very good, but why then don't Humax produce a FAQ list in the User Manual, could be good for all concerned.

I would prefer the paper copy of the Quick Start Guide plus a full PDF because the manufactures are more likely to make the PDF contain everything if they aren't worrying about the cost of a few more paper pages, however as Nontech has said, the paper copy and the PDF are the same in this case and although I don't want to be told about the screensaver particularly, there are quite a few items that do need to be in the user manual

I quite agree. In particular, every time the firmware is updated and new features added, the downloadable version of the User Manual should be updated to reflect the changes.

AND, I can't understand for the life of me why the on-line version is in glorious monochrome. The screenshots MUST have started out on colour before being converted to greyscale for the frugal printed manual - so why not make the colour version available online? If it was in colour AND updated frequently, people would be encouraged to keep up with the latest developments.

WT

I strongly believe in continuous improvement, so what about this idea to Humax, if they do not already do it.
The Humax Help Desk, I assume, keeps a log of Phone calls & e mails by problem type. So why not compile a “Top Ten” listing of problems encountered as FAQ's & publish these in in User Manual & the PDF version.
Not only would it help Customers it would decrease the number of calls/e mails to the Help Desk giving a cost saving & faster response times.
They are not interested. They are stuck in the last century when it comes to stuff like this, as are probably every other manufacturer of stuff.
They mostly couldn't give a sh*t about the users once they have their money, even if doing simple stuff like this might generate more sales.
It's a bizarre attitude, but I expect some bean counter somewhere has decreed this to be so.
You might think they would help out the likes of af123 with info., but they don't (TTBOMK). I've bought 2 machines directly because of stuff that's been going on with the custom firmware. I might not have done if it wasn't available. Do Humax see this? Do they hell.
They have their corporate heads stuck up their corporate arses.

Not very kind to a new Humax user and forum member though, better left as a thought unspoken.

Back