Problem connecting to Humax Portal

software version:- FHTCP1.02.20 loader version:- a9.30 System ID:- 9B9B.9B9B Update:- 10/06/11 Micom version:- 9.3 mac address:- DC:D3:21:17:FF:CC . Hope this means something to you as its over my head.
System ID looks wrong. I think it should be 80BC.7E00. Unless af123 has a tool to fix it then I suggest you telephone (not email) Humax support and discuss it with them.

Colon D is a shortcut for the smiley.

The MAC address is fine, it's the system ID that's wrong.
I can give you an update file to fix it if you wish but if you've just bought it perhaps talking to Humax would be the best option...

System ID looks wrong. I think it should be 80BC.7E00. Unless af123 has a tool to fix it then I suggest you telephone (not email) Humax support and discuss it with them.

Hi Martin,
Thanks for your help I will call Humax.
Thread hijack! I don't know, turn my back for a few minutes...

Mods: can you move posts #30 onwards into their own topic please?

Hi Black Hole,
I seem to have upset you, that was not my intention, as I explained earlier i'm an old git and dont know my way round these forums, sorry.

Colon D is a shortcut for the smiley.

The MAC address is fine, it's the system ID that's wrong.
I can give you an update file to fix it if you wish but if you've just bought it perhaps talking to Humax would be the best option...

Hi af123,
Thanks, can I try calling Humax 1st before I get back to you.
Regards.

Hi Black Hole,
I seem to have upset you, that was not my intention, as I explained earlier i'm an old git and dont know my way round these forums, sorry.
Don't put yourself down. You're doing OK.
Black Hole could/should have pointed you in the right direction in post #31. Perhaps we all could/should have done!
You're not the first to post in the wrong thread!

Good luck with Humax support.

Don't put yourself down. You're doing OK.
Black Hole could/should have pointed you in the right direction in post #31. Perhaps we all could/should have done!
You're not the first to post in the wrong thread!

Good luck with Humax support.

Hi af4291,
Forgot to tell you (I dont know whether it would have any bearing on the problem) that the link you gave in #15 I could not connect to, as my security classed it as high risk potentially harmful.
Regards.

Hi af4291,
Forgot to tell you (I dont know whether it would have any bearing on the problem) that the link you gave in #15 I could not connect to, as my security classed it as high risk potentially harmful.
Regards.

It would do because the encryption keys aren't signed by someone your computer trusts. Your Humax trusts it though.

Talk to Humax and see how you get on, it's an odd one!

Hi af4291,
Regards.
Not me, Guv! It was af123's post.
I did have a look out of curiosity and got a popup with three options. I chose 'continue' and got the message you described.

Edit: That's a bit ambiguous. Humax STB only!

Hi guys,
I've just received from Humax an update attachment via email, which I've copied to my memory stick. Now I'm stuck, they did not tell me what to do next.
I cannot find data input on the media section only video, music or photo's. Can anyone help please, preferably step by step so I dont mess anything up.
Regards.

Turn the HDR off completely using the remote control and wait for the disk to stop spinning with audible click. Put the USB stick into the front USB port and start the HDR up using the big button on the front. It helps to tune the television to the Humax input first so that you can see what's going on.

You should see a firmware update screen and it should complete extremely quickly because the file is very small.

This is basically the normal firmware update process, but the file you're using only resets the System ID. It should only be a few bytes in size - that's unless they've sent you a complete update because they want to completely reflash everything.

Turn the HDR off completely using the remote control and wait for the disk to stop spinning with audible click. Put the USB stick into the front USB port and start the HDR up using the big button on the front. It helps to tune the television to the Humax input first so that you can see what's going on.

You should see a firmware update screen and it should complete extremely quickly because the file is very small.

This is basically the normal firmware update process, but the file you're using only resets the System ID. It should only be a few bytes in size - that's unless they've sent you a complete update because they want to completely reflash everything.

Hi af123,
Thanks for that I'll try in the morning. P.S. the update is not the only data on my memory stick is that going to be a problem (will their's be the only data found by the box?)
Regards.

Hi af123,
Thanks for that I'll try in the morning. P.S. the update is not the only data on my memory stick is that going to be a problem (will their's be the only data found by the box?)
Regards.

I'll chip in cos I can't see af123 online at the moment...

The Hummy is only looking for specific filenames so it shouldn't matter - I have updated from a stick with other data on there but if you can afford to clear off the other stuff it wont hurt. Also if you have any other device plugged in the rear USB port it's worth unplugging that (mine won't update if I have my HDD connected to the rear - I can leave the USB extention lead in but unplug the disk). Finally if you haven't used this stick successfully before it has been found that for some reason some sticks just don't work (and I don't think anyone to date has found out why?) so if you have any other sticks to hand just in case...

I'll chip in cos I can't see af123 online at the moment...

The Hummy is only looking for specific filenames so it shouldn't matter - I have updated from a stick with other data on there but if you can afford to clear off the other stuff it wont hurt. Also if you have any other device plugged in the rear USB port it's worth unplugging that (mine won't update if I have my HDD connected to the rear - I can leave the USB extention lead in but unplug the disk). Finally if you haven't used this stick successfully before it has been found that for some reason some sticks just don't work (and I don't think anyone to date has found out why?) so if you have any other sticks to hand just in case...

Thanks oijonesey,
I'll follow the tip about rear USB port.
Regards.

As long as the HDR_Fox_T2_Upgrade.hdf file is not fragmented on the USB drive and is in the root it will be fine. With drives which are not freshly formatted, it's common for the update file to get fragmented and then the update fails. With such as small update file as you're using (I'm still guessing there) it's unlikely to get fragmented anyway.

As long as the HDR_Fox_T2_Upgrade.hdf file is not fragmented on the USB drive and is in the root it will be fine. With drives which are not freshly formatted, it's common for the update file to get fragmented and then the update fails. With such as small update file as you're using (I'm still guessing there) it's unlikely to get fragmented anyway.

Thanks af123.

Hi Black Hole,
You didn't upset me, no. Just having a tidy-up.

There was no real problem with a quick enquiry and reply in whatever topic, but once it became a long discussion outside the original topic title it needed to go somewhere else for two reasons: first, under an appropriate topic title it has a chance of being found again in the forum listing (information misfiled is like not having the information at all); second, a significant amount of content in a topic that has wandered "off topic" makes it difficult to scan for what you really want to know.

In general, look for a topic with a title that matches your query (what you want may already be there - the Index (click) is another way to look), and if you can't find one start a new topic for your enquiry.

You didn't upset me, no. Just having a tidy-up.

There was no real problem with a quick enquiry and reply in whatever topic, but once it became a long discussion outside the original topic title it needed to go somewhere else for two reasons: first, under an appropriate topic title it has a chance of being found again in the forum listing (information misfiled is like not having the information at all); second, a significant amount of content in a topic that has wandered "off topic" makes it difficult to scan for what you really want to know.

In general, look for a topic with a title that matches your query (what you want may already be there - the Index (click) is another way to look), and if you can't find one start a new topic for your enquiry.

Thanks, that has given me a better understanding of the forum protocol for the future.
Regards.

No probs. The major benefit of questions-and-answers on a forum (rather than by exchange of private messages) is the accumulation of publicly-accessible information (no matter how esoteric somebody somewhere will need that answer in the future). Also, any mis-information can be shouted down by those who know better, and you are less likely to receive bad advice when taken as a whole.

The funny this is, I was busy for a couple of days and the thread exploded while I wasn't looking!

Me again guys,
Copied the Humax update to my maxwell memory stick, followed the instuctions at #31 to the letter but no update screen appeared only the Humax screen with a7.30 in the bottom left corner. This then quickly changes to a fleeting glimpse of a green screen and then the last viewed channel starts.
I'm beginning to think I've bought a Monday morning/Friday afternoon box. Any ideas. Of course Humax support is now closed until Monday!

Back