Problem with IR package stopping detectads while in standby

Black Cloud

Hi Folks,

I'm new to all this custom firmware, so play nice, please.

Thoroughly enjoying DetectAds in the ChaseRun mode as I can watch 'adlessly' even while program is recording.
Life can't get any better, can it?

IR package is very useful as it shows me the remote codes for each button. I can use them to program my ProntoPro controller whose learning eye has gone blind with age. But I have noticed that the IR package doesn't actually control the Hummy. That's not a problem, as I don't need that feature.

However, DetectAds doesn't do its thing while Hummy is recording in standby.
In the detectads log I see

CG(3156)- System power on attempted​

repeating every minute for an hour or so.

I have read elsewhere that ChaseGet needs the IR package to wake up the hummy for ad detection processing.

So far I have determined that the hummy is responding to remote in mode 1 (I have no other hummys)
and I have tried setting the IR package to other than mode 1 and then returning it to mode 1 just in case the default setting wasn't correct.

What do I try next, o learned ones?

You need to check if the remote control mode is set properly for the IR package.
Look under webif->Settings->IR

In that case, try running the fix-flash-packages diagnostic in case the IR package has become disabled for some reason.
Following a restart, check if it works using the web-interface remote control.

I ran the fix-flash-packages and reboooted hummy. Webif remote control cannot change channels, either by macro or entering channel numbers.

I can't paste the output of fix-flash-packages here because it includes lots of links and forum won't accept because I haven't posted 10 posts yet.

Right, let's double check the mode then.
Run the ir3/debugon diagnostic, restart then look in the humaxtv.log file for lines showing that a remote control key press was detected - they will appear whenever you press a button on the real remote control.

Typed in ir3/debugon and ran the diagnostic. Rebooted hummy. Pressed Prog+ and Prog- keys on hummy's own remote.

Humaxtv.log has entries like this:- Real IR code: 0x000001 0xf10e10fa (e) [foreign=1]

Oooh, I looked inhumaxtv.log after trying to change channel using IR package. There was lots of stuff like this, but channel didn't change.

217 Real IR code: 0x000001 0xec131000 (13) [foreign=0]
216 GetEvents(): faking key 13 (1)
215 GetQueueSize: 1
214 Real IR code: 00000000 0xec131000 (13) [foreign=0]
213 GetEvents(): faking key 13 (2)
212 GetQueueSize: 1
211 InjectCommand: setting signal (0x100aba0)
210 InjectCommand: Input list 0
209 InjectCommand: Buffers 0 0100ad58 1 0100ad64
208 get_inbuf: Popped existing.
207 get_inbuf: Popped existing.
206 InjectCommand: Got mutex
204 Injecting 13
203 mq_receive: 13

Can you look in the log after changing the channel with the real remote control?

Ah, sorry, missed your last post.

Looks like your physical remote is in mode 2.

Okay, I have got it to work now by changing IR package to Mode 2 and rebooting.

Fooled by my ProntoPro remote - I entered 1 for the mode and that worked. I guess Pronto numbers its modes 0 to 5 rather than 1 to 6, so when I selected 1, it was really 2, and my Hummy just happened to be on 2 anyway (not me, guv, honestly).

I'm new to all this custom firmware, so play nice, please.
We're always nice (unless somebody is being deliberately provocative), so why does everybody think they need to say this? It's like a car with a sign in the back "baby on board" - so what? You think I'm going to change my driving because of your sign??

And what's with this "Black..." moniker????

Back