Problems skipping last episode in series.

cdmackay

Is the Visual Schedule's “Skip This Episode” feature known not to work with RTS?

I just tried it, to skip Thurs night's repeat showing of The Sky at Night, since I watched it last night.

I brought up the details, in Visual, and clicked on Skip This Episode. That was accepted, and the blob for it to changed to the purple strike-through for Pending Unschedule.

But on a refresh of that page, the blob went back to the blue Scheduled Event state.

In activity log, that coincided with:

Code:
15/02/2017 03:00:11 - Scheduled The Sky at Night @ 1487273400

edit:
Web interface version: 1.4.0-8
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)

Is the Visual Schedule's “Skip This Episode” feature known not to work with RTS?

I just tried it, to skip Thurs night's repeat showing of The Sky at Night, since I watched it last night.

I brought up the details, in Visual, and clicked on Skip This Episode. That was accepted, and the blob for it to changed to the purple strike-through for Pending Unschedule.

But on a refresh of that page, the blob went back to the blue Scheduled Event state.

In activity log, that coincided with:

Code:
15/02/2017 03:00:11 - Scheduled The Sky at Night @ 1487273400

edit:
Web interface version: 1.4.0-8
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Were you using the RS or Webif version of Visual schedule

Remote Scheduling seems to occasionally lose requests, Tonight I had a Series cancel request go Awol and have had schedule requests go missing in the past.
There appears to be no discernible pattern to lost rquests.

Were you using the RS or Webif version of Visual schedule

Remote Scheduling seems to occasionally lose requests, Tonight I had a Series cancel request go Awol and have had schedule requests go missing in the past.
There appears to be no discernible pattern to lost rquests.

sorry, I should have said: I was using the WebIF, not RS, in this case.

I've also experienced the odd missing RS request, but that's not it in this case, at least.

I seem to be having the same problem (RS & WebIf). It is not a feature that I use very often, but trying it several times (using both interfaces) over the last day or two to avoid a conflict. However, like cdmackay, it initially shows as pending unschedule, but after a refresh it is back. The RS is obviously a bit different because of the inherent latency, but the end result is the same.

Web interface version: 1.4.0-9
Custom firmware version: 3.10 (build 2734)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.10)
Loader Version: a7.30

I'm not aware of any problems but it isn't a feature I use often. I'll investigate.

I'm not aware of any problems but it isn't a feature I use often. I'll investigate.
I still have the conflicting (and un-skipped) episode in my schedule, any logs that would help... I can run tests this evening.
For what it is worth, the conflict is this Sunday's The Voice/Call the Midwife/Dragon's Den (all HD). I was trying to skip Dragon's Den (which I can schedule on my other recorder).
As it turns out, it seems that it is the last episode of the series, so I could just cancel the schedule, but hadn't realised that when I originally tried to skip.

I think this is actually an issue with the schedule display, probably due to it being the last episode in the series. In the raw database view I can see that there are no longer any events scheduled for Dragon's Den after skipping that episode.

What does the on-TV schedule say about Sunday night?

The RS view of things should look better now. Once you can confirm what it says on the TV, I can make the same change to the web interface.
I think it /has/ worked, just not showing up properly.

I have just re-visited the RS; as suggested, the episode now has gone from the schedule and the visual (removing the conflict).
I will check the box's own view when I get home this evening.

Not good news, as I said before, the RS shows the Dragons' Den episode removed.
Unfortunately, the box itself shows the 3 programmes scheduled (both EPG and schedule).
The WebIf agrees with the box... all 3 scheduled.
I can try skipping the episode again, but anything before I do?

I wonder what will happen on Sunday then. I'll see if my box agrees when I'm next in front of it and will leave all three in my schedule (with DD skipped).

Some series (like the BBC news) do not assign individual episode CRIDs so I think when you empty the events list the Humax treats it like the News and lists all occurrences in EPG as to be recorded.

I think you may need to put a dummy entry into the events list

Would like to wait and see myself, but since we are out that evening I will have to fix the schedule before then.
It is probably related, but since yesterday morning (21st) the conflict email has only listed The Voice and Call the Midwife.
(that appears to be the first conflict email after my initial attempts to skip the episode).

Would like to wait and see myself, but since we are out that evening I will have to fix the schedule before then.
Go for it, I can replicate it here. I expect it will skip the recording - I may need to adjust what skip does to the last episode of a series to fix everything properly but I'll start by watching what it does on Sunday.

Go for it, I can replicate it here. I expect it will skip the recording - I may need to adjust what skip does to the last episode of a series to fix everything properly but I'll start by watching what it does on Sunday.
It will be interesting to see what happens on Sunday.

It is not just the last episode of a series that causes problems - it is any time that the following episode has not yet made it into the EPG leading to an empty events list - it could even happen if you skipped the first episode of a series.

When I reported it before it was with Jonathan Ross and the skipped episode showed in the Humax schedule as 'to be recorded' until the day before when the following weeks episode became available in the EPG.

It will be interesting to see what happens on Sunday.
No need to wait that long - tonight is the last episode of 'Death in Paradise' so I set up series recordings on both BBC 1 and BBC 1 HD and then skipped the HD episode

Edit: I managed to screw up and create 2 entries for BBC 1 HD, I have deleted those and recreated a single entry for the series on BBC1 HD and one on BBC 1 South
As expected the rsv.db shows the episode crid in szRecordedCrid for the HD entry
Code:
47     3     458900     1487883600     00000000000000     3600     0     41471     \x15Death in Paradise     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     4     50     FP.BBC.CO.UK/VUZABE     \x15Death in Paradise     1FP.BBC.CO.UK/1FN6X0|             0     0     30
Both recordings show as scheduled on webif and Humax, only one on RS

Last edited:
No need to wait that long - tonight is the last episode of 'Death in Paradise' so I set up series recordings on both BBC 1 and BBC 1 HD and then skipped the HD episode
Good idea, thanks, I've done the same here.

Back