janandsteve

Hi. I have had the 4000t a while and recently added the h3 box for multi room. My 4000t holds my recordings and I can access them via the h3 in another room. The problem I am having is that when I play a recording via the h3 and get to the adverts, I try and ffwd and guess when they have finished ( no 'live' fast scan picture ), after it stops, the progress bar on screen jumps to the left and then I'm back into the 1st part again before the adverts. Try again and it gets worse, jumping more towards the front of the recording. When I try and rwd it then jumps forward. I have tried a factory reset on both boxes, reset my network, took the lot to a friends house and tried on another network completely and I still get the same problem. Spoke to Humax support and they have swapped out the h3 but this one is still the same. They say they cannot help me further. One of the tech support guys told me he had a similar problem on their h3 in the office and told me John the manager was dealing with it via Korea...... then when I chase them up, they deny all knowledge of our last conversation, even though I have a call ref number. John is always too busy to come to the phone.... I'm not impressed at all with the Humax 'support' centre. Has anyone else experienced similar problems with their h3 and can offer some advice, please? Tech support told me that I was the first to enquire about the error..... then a friend rang up whose network I used, and he was told the same, no one else has this error....... mmmm thanks. Steve.

No experience of the H3, but we have plenty of experience of Humax "tech support" - which is one of the reasons this forum exists in the first place!

Humax finally agreed with me about the issue...

"We have been able to investigate and replicate the issue and can confirm it is an issue. We will be hopefully be releasing a software update for the H3 to resolve this problem and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention."

I chased them over last few days and now they say no to software update for the h3....

"Unfortunately we have found that this would be a limitation of what the H3 can do. Apologies for not getting back to you on this sooner"

How bad is this? So I am left with a paperweight that won't allow me to access my recordings correctly.

Sales of goods act...... it's not fit for purpose..... anyone have any comments.

Thanks.

Steve

If it doesn't do what it is supposed to do, take it back as unfit for purpose. You might be in for an argument depending from where you bought it.

I really like the Humax boxes I have had but I have to say that the Espresso is a big disappointment. For starters it really isn't HD. And their own website states " Multi-room TV without an aerial! Partner the H3 with any Humax Freeview Play PVR and stream recorded content and live TV..." nope. Apparently, it's only the FVP-4000T. I was also expecting there would be some type of EPG to give you a clue about what's coming up on the telly but the biggest irritant is the advert every time I change channel. OK, so McDonald's contains only beef... I really don't care. It's going back tomorrow.

For starters it really isn't HD
What makes you think that it isn't HD?
And their own website states " Multi-room TV without an aerial! Partner the H3 with any Humax Freeview Play PVR and stream recorded content and live TV..." nope. Apparently, it's only the FVP-4000T.
The FVP-4000T is currently the only Humax Freeview Play PVR, so I don't see what your problem is there.
I was also expecting there would be some type of EPG to give you a clue about what's coming up on the telly but the biggest irritant is the advert every time I change channel. OK, so McDonald's contains only beef... I really don't care. It's going back tomorrow.
There is an EPG with the H3, so once again I fail to see your problem.:rolleyes:

What makes you think that it isn't HD?

The FVP-4000T is currently the only Humax Freeview Play PVR, so I don't see what your problem is there.

There is an EPG with the H3, so once again I fail to see your problem.:rolleyes:

The broadcast quality is not HD quality. I have a number of devices I play through the same TV and they are all higher quality. For example, I couldn't watch the rugby because you couldn't follow the ball.

Do the HDR-1800T and HDR-2000T not count? Misleading advertising.

I see from your other post that the EPG is served through the FVP-4000T so I have to buy one of those just so I can have an EPG (£199). In other words, this is not a stand alone device, it is only an add-on to the FVP.

It's going back to Currys tomorrow.

The broadcast quality is not HD quality. I have a number of devices I play through the same TV and they are all higher quality. For example, I couldn't watch the rugby because you couldn't follow the ball.
How are you viewing live TV via your H3? If you don't have a FVP-4000T, you will not get HD content.
Do the HDR-1800T and HDR-2000T not count? Misleading advertising.
They don't count, as they are Not Humax Freeview Play PVR's. There's nothing misleading in the advertising.
I see from your other post that the EPG is served through the FVP-4000T so I have to buy one of those just so I can have an EPG (£199). In other words, this is not a stand alone device, it is only an add-on to the FVP.
Correct, this is not intended as a standalone device, and is described by Humax as "H3 the perfect companion to the FVP-4000T – Multi-room TV without an aerial!".

I think you'll find that, without a 4000 behind it, your reproduction is entirely dependent on using catch-up services via the Internet - and they will be limited by your bandwidth. That will be where all your advertising is coming from.

I think you'll find that, without a 4000 behind it, your reproduction is entirely dependent on using catch-up services via the Internet - and they will be limited by your bandwidth. That will be where all your advertising is coming from.
I think that the OP must be viewing live TV via the TVPlayer App, that would explain the poor quality, and the advertising mentioned.

Back