Problems with the TV Portal

(don't mistake my bit of fun for real censure)
@ BH No need to worry, I've enjoyed your more serious comments elsewhere.

However, my "youtube portal" problem refuses to go away. Please advise if its worthy of moving to a new thread?

"A temporary error has occurred. Try again."

hmmm

Sid

I think a lot of people find YouTube less than satisfactory. I played with it a bit when it first are out and it was OK then.

I think a lot of people find YouTube less than satisfactory. I played with it a bit when it first are out and it was OK then.

@ BH & forum,

while I was a little disapointed with the limited "youtube" features, they were good enough for relaxing at the TV, rather than having the PC linked up to the AV Amp and having to jump between the two.

However I have used the "youtube portal" most days since buying the box 5 weks ago, and this is the only real, but problems that I've had.

I'm going to have a sleep on it for now. Big weekend for us Formula 1 spectators.

Ate ja sid

The YouTube app drops out quit a bit according to reports.
The fault will lay on humax's side as the app talks to YouTube and pulls the mp4 version of the video. If something is wrong with the link they are submitting to YouTube, or if YouTube change something, the app will break..

The YouTube app drops out quit a bit according to reports.
The fault will lay on humax's side as the app talks to YouTube and pulls the mp4 version of the video. If something is wrong with the link they are submitting to YouTube, or if YouTube change something, the app will break..

After multiple attempts re-installing the 1.02.27 fw the youtube player wouldn't play all last week (the search bit works as normal) with the usual message "an unexpected error has occured....", I tried for the first time this morning, the 1.02.20 fw.

And its working fine now. It was delivered with 1.02.26 fw, but I couldn't find that file.

Thanks to all

It was delivered with 1.02.26 fw, but I couldn't find that file.

1.02.26 escaped 'rather than being released', you won't find it on any Humax site because offically it doesn't exist, there is no Custom version for the same reason e.g. no standard 'base code' was available to be Customised. However 1.02.26 and the beta 1.02.27 only differ in a change to Audio Description, otherwise they are identicle as far as we know

Anything after 1.02.20 makes no difference to the Portal experience.
It is only pointing to Humax's website - if their website is playing up, then so will the portal.

Anything after 1.02.20 makes no difference to the Portal experience.
It is only pointing to Humax's website - if their website is playing up, then so will the portal.

@CD firstly I would have thought that if the Humax Portal was playing up then more people would have mentioned it. It was working perfect for about 4 weeks & in that time I had done nothing other than normal recordings and a few stream captures.

So it must be something that I'm doing wrong. I went through every variation of re-installing the firmware that I could think of.

This included factory default with/without HDD format. My router has always been set with fixed IP leases for devices on my network.

But seeing as the search function in youtube worked OK, iPlayer worked fine as well as the wiki. My only problem seems to have been that the youtube player, either couldn't find a codec or the sevice was being blocked somewhere.

But for now its on Day 1 and working fine, lets see what happens over the next few days.

All the best Sid

I would have thought that if the Humax Portal was playing up then more people would have mentioned it
I very much doubt the YouTube app gets that much traffic because its so slow and clunky..

Trust me, its not you.

I just tried searching for something on YouTube, and when I tried to play it I too got the "temporary error" message. I have no desire to flash 1.02.20 to prove whether there is a difference though!

I just tried searching for something on YouTube, and when I tried to play it I too got the "temporary error" message. I have no desire to flash 1.02.20 to prove whether there is a difference though!

@BH the penny has dropped, please get your claws into this one ?
As delivered my HDR has worked excellent. Only let down being "temp error....." after 4/5 weeks.

After finding that there was no re-flash option for what was delivered, I reverted to
HDR-T2-1Tb CF 2.00-1.02.20.
:p I just searched for "Black Hole" and can play "The Black Hole"

PS. I'm on VM & happy to help with any testing.

cheers Sid

edit: 24 hours later all working fine.

If I'm interpreting the above correctly, it looks pretty clear there is something up with 1.02.27 in this respect.

Anybody on 1.02.27 able to play YouTube? Anybody on 1.02.20 not able to play YouTube?

Af, BH & Ezra,

out of my own curiosity, just flashed up to (1-02-27 beta), then with (mod 2.10). Both times youtube failed to work.
"a temporary error...."

Down flashed to (official 1-02-20) then with (1-02-20 mod 2.00), and is is working as normal.

First thoughts are DRM or cookie ?

I'm not very techie, so maybe you guys/gals can chew the fat.

PS: Did I tell how much I like this Site & my Hummy.

cheers sid

Back