Program Clash

Omega-three

This may be a daft question, but here goes, I have 2 programs set to record. 1 on bbc1 at 8pm till 8:30pm and 1 on bbc2 8:30pm til 9pm. I am currently watching ITV1 all night. At 8:30pm a message comes up that 2 programs are recording, which program do I want to cancel ? I do not want to cancel either so what should I do ?

1. Nothing and hope the message goes away once bbc1 stops recording just after 8:30pm and hope all is well :)

2. Go into standby until I think bbc1 will stops recording, but missing what I was watching on itv1 :disagree:

3. Something else :frantic:

Answers on a postcard.

Switch to BBC2 until the recording on BBC1 stops then switch back to ITV1. Should only be for a minute or so.

Switch to BBC2 until the recording on BBC1 stops then switch back to ITV1. Should only be for a minute or so.

^^^
This - but I also have a terrestrial aerial on the TV so I can watch another channel on Freeview when recording two channels on Freesat so do not miss anything..

What about the following scenario.

I have 3 programs set to record. 1 on bbc1 at 8pm till 8:30pm, 1 on Channel 4 8pm to 8:30pm and 1 on bbc2 8:30pm til 9pm. How does the Humax cope with this, at 8:30pm there are 3 programs recording albeit for a very short period of time.

Are your padding times set on or off? On my HDFOX they are on by default. 1min start and 2mins end.
If on, with two tuners it shouldn't prevent two recordings at the same time but if you are watching on one of the tuners something would have to give. If they are consecutive then they would overlap on the same tuner.

This is all supposition on my part as I only do random recordings but it may provoke comment from other quarters!

What about the following scenario.

I have 3 programs set to record. 1 on bbc1 at 8pm till 8:30pm, 1 on Channel 4 8pm to 8:30pm and 1 on bbc2 8:30pm til 9pm. How does the Humax cope with this, at 8:30pm there are 3 programs recording albeit for a very short period of time.

Assuming AR is being used.

The tuner allocated to the programme starting at 0830 waits until it's previous recording completes. Generally not a problem, ocassionly you might lose a second or so of the follow on recording unless it starts earlier than scheduled.

Back