Proposed acquisition of Hummy.tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dillon has emailed me and asked for this thread to be removed, let me know what you all think
Message to Dillon : You tend to learn something from most experiences in life and I'm sure next time your take-over strategy will be a lot more subtle, but you also have to pay the price for each experience, e.g. possibly getting your fingers burnt in public

Dillon has emailed me and asked for this thread to be removed, let me know what you all think.

There might be a case for locking it, though I suspect it will die a natural death quite soon anyway. But I'd say 'no' to deletion, it might be instructive to others who have the same idea.

We found that out in post 38, and subsequent discussion has been on that basis.

Sorry BH had missed that post.

It's got me thinking about responsibility and posting on the internet, through forums, twitter, Facebook etc.

We often don't know the age of participants and at what age should they be held responsible?

I'm feeling like a mouse in a cage!

IMO anyone posting as if to give the impression of being responsible is responsible for their own posts. It's not like there is any criminal liability (unless the posts are of a criminal nature of course), the worst that can happen is that a few feelings get hurt - and in this nanny-state day and age, maybe that's not such a bad idea.

Simple rule: look before you leap.

Good point

I'd not really given this much thought before but I guess it's a mix of severity and age.

I do think we have a duty to protect those who don't understand the consequences of their actions.

In this case it's fairly trivial but he has posted his personal email address.

We would I assume remove a post where a minor posted his home address for example.

So some nannying is needed.

I don't think we can assume someone is responsible for their actions just because they give the impression they are.

But I'm also not sure how else we could determine appropriate level responsibility.

As an aside surely he could just edit the post to remove the content?

We often don't know the age of participants and at what age should they be held responsible?

I'm 66 and sometimes make a pratt of myself by posting before thinking it through. Can I be excused because I'm at the opposite end of the age scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back