Proposed acquisition of Hummy.tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
If something happens we don't like we can always vote with our feet. I wonder though who owns things like the contents of the wiki and Black Hole's guides? Does posting these here amount to forfeiting authorship?
Unfortunately the ownership of the material on the forum lies with the owner of the forum. Voting with feet means abandoning all the accumulated stuff from many authors and starting again. At least the wiki would be safe - that is hosted elsewhere.

Mr Lawrence could do with understanding the difference between brake and break, too, when he learns to drive.

You are therefore braking the copyright law by hosting said content.

Mr Lawrence could do with understanding the difference between brake and break, too, when he learns to drive.

You are therefore braking the copyright law by hosting said content.

I notice you didn't criticise Wallace's leach! Just saying like. ;)

I think people here know by now that spelling and grammar are not one of my strong points.

The error has been corrected. :)

I think people here know by now that spelling and grammar are not one of my strong points.
And should respect that unless of course you venture to dabble your toes into certain threads in the Arms where pedants abound. There there be dragons ;=)
@Wallace. Korrection is spelled Korekshun by the way. :)

Seems like our Mr. Lawrence is a bit of a chancer. My personal opinion is that he is to be avoided.
He still hasn't answered my questions has he?
I suspect that Mr Lawrence has only recently turned 17. AT face value I found the original post silly and naive. My initial thought was that Dillon was 13. May be there is an alternative route that we could use by aiding Mr Lawrence's understanding of user forums and also business and ownership? I am not suggesting anything grand here, just some guidance that will give Mr Lawrence a step up in his goals.

I can't say I feel that charitable. OK, so he's got some balls, but this reminds me of those cocky youths on Apprentice who think they can play in the big boys' league.

Maybe he is a psychology student conduct an experiment on us? Do you hear the squeak of hamster wheels? :D

Evening All,

Apologies for not seeing this sooner - I need to get myself a Humax box so I can actually participate :)

Dillon's name rings a bell, vaugely of an offer to buy the forum quite a while ago (before the big donation push earlier this year.. not forgetting earlier donations made) but nothing was really substatiated.

I have no plans to sell/close this forum down whatsoever. The number of users and visitors to this website is amazing, and our Alexa rank makes us the 63, 803rd biggest website in the UK - this sounds crap but is actually amazing. My own companies website (a company that actually actively promotes and advertises) ranks less than us!

What you have all achieved between you is just astonishing and I'm proud to say I started this forum and have been the owner of it for 3 years now (almost 4!!) and don't plan on that changing any time soon.

Without the time, effort and donations from every single one of you this site wouldn't be what it is today.

Dillon has emailed me and asked for this thread to be removed, let me know what you all think.

Thanks,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back