Putting HDR-FOX T2 firmware onto a DTR-T1000?

bobby1980

Hi all,

I've had a Youview box for the trial period (which finished today), and although its good to have the extra on demand services, I prefer the user interface/functionality from the HDR-FOX T2 so I was wondering if anyone knew how possible it was to install the firmware of the HDR-FOX T2 onto the DTRT1000 box (the youview box). It seems they are similar boxes. Reading various threads on here its not possible to put Youview firmware onto the HDR-FOX T2 box but wondering if it can it be done the other way around?

And don't worry, I know I'll lose most of the on demand services, but my XBox most of the others and more.

Thanks

Bob

As far as I'm aware this has never been tried, Although the Box is the same, the circuit board inside is different, it has a different SOC (system on chip) device, more memory etc. I think it is very unlikely to accept the HDR-Fox T2 software. The code will look for a Humax model or System ID of 80BC.7E00 and if this is not found the unit will bounce the code

I was wondering if anyone knew how possible it was to install the firmware of the HDR-FOX T2 onto the DTRT1000 box (the youview box). It seems they are similar boxes.
I would think it is unlikely to work. For instance everyone I know that has tried, ignoring advice, to install 9300 software on a 9200 has instantly bricked the box with no way back.

Does the loader even know to check for updates from the USB port?

It has been reported that although there is no OTA (only upgrade Via the internet) on the DTR-T1000, that provision should be made for USB upgrade, but as there is no official upgrade yet, this remains to be proven, also the original DTR-T1000 code is not available for USB installation so there would be no way put it back on without going to Humax and explaining what you did :(

I personally would wait and see what upgrades/new features YouView release as I am sure there will be one due shortly.

The problem is that any new firmware may not be placed on a download site as it is with the HDR, new firmware will be loaded via the internet onto the Humax or could be supplied by Humax directly to the customer

The problem is that any new firmware may not be placed on a download site as it is with the HDR, new firmware will be loaded via the internet onto the Humax or could be supplied by Humax directly to the customer

But the new firmware will be for the YouView box and supplied by YouView via the Internet connection, and as such may solve some issues that some trialists found with the box, and as such may make the YouView box nicer and easier to use, also they will add new features, such as they did with NOW TV, so the OP would get more features. Also the YouView box is designed to be updated regularly and as such will be improving as they develop it.

O.K. sorry, you are saying wait to see if the DTR-T1000 improves it's feature list, so that the OP doesn't have to revert to the HDR firmware. I don't think they will ever add all the features missing from the HDR See List HERE

No they may not, but seeing as the trialists did put together a very comprehensive list of features that would be needed to justify the price, then hopefully they will take note and some may appear.

I wouldn't write YouView off just yet!;)

I have a hdr on a shelf above the dtr and the dtr stays turned off pretty much all the time. A dual boot on the dtr would be amazing, if only..

Hi all, thanks very much for all your responses. I guess I'll wait to see how youview develops but think I'll be using it with my second tv in the house and going back to my hdr for the main tv. There are numerous things that irritate me about the youview box - mainly the clicky remote control and the 'search' function which fails to search the guide! But I guess that's why the trial was held to help improve the product so we'll see what happens...

Thanks again all :)

This forum was a great find, will be back :)

Back