PVR 9200T HDD to USB cable

clpratt

I have a cable made up to copy programs from my Humax 9200T to a PC using downloading program "HumaxRW Front-End". As I am I new poster I can't post an email link but if you search "Son_t_9200T_New_Cable_Modification" you will find the details and pictures of the cable. The Humax is put to standby, then the PC can access the Humax's hard drive and copy off (or reload) TV programmes via this cable and a USB connection to the PC.
I no longer have the Humax and the cable is free to anyone in UK wanting it and happy to pay the postage.

Hi,
I have just searched Son_t_9200T_New_Cable_Modification, for the details and pictures you mention but just get 'not found' or similar messages when Google-ing it, and back to the post when searching in this forum. Any ideas how I can get or make a cable please?

I have just searched Son_t_9200T_New_Cable_Modification, for the details and pictures you mention but just get 'not found' or similar messages when Google-ing it, and back to the post when searching in this forum. Any ideas how I can get or make a cable please?
This WAS the link http://myhumax.org/wiki/index.php/Son_t_9200T_New_Cable_Modification but the Wiki on MyHumax.org is no more. I would try asking your question over on MyHumax.org as I think Son_t may still be involved in running the forum.

This thread is 5 years out of date.

I think the "cable" is an IDE splitter to a USB-IDE adapter, which wouldn't be too difficult to knock up assuming the additional connection to the sleeping 9200T doesn't interfere with the signals. How is the HDD powered though?

OK Martin and Black Hole. Thanks guys for the info and suggestions. I'll try what you say on MyHumax.org . Thanks again.:)

If you're stuck, I have a suitable cable you can have if you want it. You will also need a IDE to USB adaptor, readily available on e-bay etc. A separate power supply will not be required.

The cable simply taps into the existing cable. I think the 9200 needed to be in standby to avoid the clashes that you mention. I assume that the supply to the HDD is sill present in standby.

I seem to remember that occasionally some makes of IDE-USB adaptor did not function properly, due I think, to a conflict with pin 28, (cable select), if I remember correctly, but most seemed OK.

If you're stuck, I have a suitable cable you can have if you want it. You will also need a IDE to USB adaptor, readily available on e-bay etc. A separate power supply will not be required.

Hi BMAX. That's incredibly good of you! Yes please, may I have your cable? Do you want anything for it?

That would be really great, thanks. Yes please, may I have your cable? Do you want anything for it?

Just postage. In view of my comments above about compatibility, you might as well have the IDE-USB adaptor as well.. Please send me a Private Message (I think this forum calls them conversations) with your address etc

That seems strange. Perhaps the HDD is commanded to turn off the motors.
I used to understand what was happening at the time, but it's long ago (12 years) and nowadays I have trouble remembering if I have taken this morning's tablets

Just postage. In view of my comments above about compatibility, you might as well have the IDE-USB adaptor as well.. Please send me a Private Message (I think this forum calls them conversations) with your address etc
Thanks, that's very generous. My Message is on the way.

That seems strange. Perhaps the HDD is commanded to turn off the motors.
Thinking about it. you must be right (comment deleted!!) the HDD is obviously not powered in standby.
I will put together the various bits of gear when I get a bit of time and try to refresh my memory of how it works.

Edit: Not true: See later post 23 for measured voltages in standby

Last edited:
Back