PVR 9200T HDD to USB cable

https://web.archive.org/web/20150425004028/http://myhumax.org/wiki/index.php/Son_t_9200T_New_Cable_Modification said:
the box will supply power to the HDD even when in standby.

Hmm.

I have just opened up my old 9200 and both 12v and 5v are present on the HDD when in standby! My brain hurts! I will continue the investigation when I have a little more time in the next day or two

More Info.

1. Switch mains on from cold.
Unit runs through start up procedure(disk active), then goes to standby. Disk stops, but 12v and 5v still present.
2. Press remote power on
Unit powers up, disc active normal operation.
3. Press remote power off.
Unit goes into standby, disk stops, but 12v and 5v still present.
4. Connect IDE-USB adaptor to PC
Disk powers up but no outputs to TV screen.
5. Remove PC connection.
Hummy disk remains active.

Previously following step 4, when I was running running XP or W7, either HummyReadFiles or HummyRW would now allow access to the Humax files.
Unfortunately, I have converted all my machines to W10 so the Humax disk is not seen and neither tool will allow access.

Has anyone any idea of how I can persuade W10 to see the disk?

Previously following step 4, when I was running running XP or W7, either HummyReadFiles or HummyRW would now allow access to the Humax files.
Unfortunately, I have converted all my machines to W10 so the Humax disk is not seen and neither tool will allow access.

Has anyone any idea of how I can persuade W10 to see the disk?
Are you running the programs with administrative access?

My W10 account is an administer's account. I was assuming that was all I needed. If not what should I do?

Again no Command Prompt (Admin), Presumably because i am already in an admin account?

However, I am beginning to get somewhere with HumaxRW. I have discovered the drop down menu with the front end programme that selects the drive required ( even though it is not seen). Due to other commitments, it will have to wait until tomorrow

Again no Command Prompt (Admin), Presumably because i am already in an admin account?
No.
Right now I'm using 3 different versions of Windows 10 in two different flavours, with one of them (unusually) logged in as an administrator.
For all three to access the command prompt entering "Command" (without the quotes) gives results where on the right hand half of the results it has "Run as administrator".

Hmm
I have three machines running W10 and none have Command Prompt (Admin). However all three have Windows Power Shell (Admin).

Try right click on the Windows icon in the bottom left of the screen and select either Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows Powershell (Admin).

If you right click on the taskbar and choose Taskbar Settings, there should be an option to 'Replace Command Prompt with Powershell...' If you turn it off then the 'Command Prompt (admin)' should appear in the other menu.

Having said that, the applications should run under Powershell (Admin) anyway.

You are right. I assume my settings are defaults, because I have never changed them.

You are right. I assume my settings are defaults, because I have never changed them.
Have you tried entering "Command" (without the quotes) into the windows 10 search box and then clicking on the right hand half of the results where it states "Run as administrator"?

Back