1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVR 9300T stuttering picture

Discussion in 'PVR-9300 Freeview Recorder' started by Polly P, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Polly P

Polly P New Member

Just a quick update...
    Humax Support emailed me advising a factory reset & a manual retune - both of which I've done and the problem still persists.
    Have emailed them back & am awaiting a further response...

2. Polly P

Polly P New Member

Hi Mike,
    Did you get a reply to your email?

3. prpr

prpr Well-Known Member

Quelle surprise!
    You probably won't get one. They are a clueless one-trick pony. Your only option is to demand a box swap.

4. mike757

mike757 New Member

I've been advised to perform a reset and then to manually tune the box. Not entirely convinced but I will give this a try. Humax sent me very precise instructions. A manual tune should not be necessary so close to the transmitter. Like PollyP I suspect it won't make any difference. Humax have promised me an exchange. At the moment it's on an overnight test on a different aerial.

5. mike757

mike757 New Member

Put the 9300T through a factory reset and a manual retune. Seems to have sorted the 'Quality' bug which now remains at 100% across all channels. If its still like that in a weeks time I'll be delighted. No idea why this should work.

6. RussellPrice

RussellPrice New Member

Having similar problems with my PVR9300T bought in Dec 2013 as reconditioned model with a 1 years guarantee. Picture breaking up, checked all connections, appeared OK. By passed your box and connected direct to TV, no problems. Back to Humax carried out auto instal. Only picked up BBC channels, TV and Radio, 11 in total.
    Back to my tv did a retune found the lot !!!Back to Humax tried carrying out Default Setting still no change. Next Retune produced nothing at all. Pulled out all plugs and power lead for 20 minutes. Back on, retune, nothing but still have 11 channels from previous tune??

7. MartinLiddle

MartinLiddle Super Moderator Staff Member

Have a careful look at the aerial cabling to the Humax (looking for kinks, badly made joints, or signs of water ingress). For reasons I have never understood the Humax is more sensitive to cable problems than other eqipment.