[qtube] Webif front end for youtube-dl

Upgraded to 2020.11.01.1, thanks. However, of the four YouTube videos I tried, only one completed successfully. When I tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcATvu5f9vE again, I got
ERROR: XcATvu5f9vE: YouTube said: Unable to extract video data - check qtube.log
The other two failed downloads had the original ERROR: message.

(They all look a bit grumpy to me. Spoils what could have been a nice video. :dance:)

I successfully retrieved the available formats for XcATvu5f9vE 3 times and the actual video as remuxed AVC and AAC. Elsewhere there are reports of what seems to be some unmanaged behaviour in the YT web pages that causes occasional failures.

...Suppose your selected download link turns out be going to deliver you a .mkv file. In "Process options", use --recode-video mp4. This will run ffmpeg to convert the download's media container to mp4 after the download has finished. Don't try playing the resulting mp4 until it's fully converted as the UI may lock up (guess how I know).
This exposes an issue in the interaction between youtube-dl and the CF queue system.

Let's say that the user queues a URL for a .mkv that is time-limited; the file is downloaded, ffmpeg is launched to remux the video to .mp4, and then the system crashes or is turned off.

When the system restarts, the queue retries the download, since it wasn't marked as completed (because the yt-dl command wasn't). But now the URL has timed out and the download fails: normally yt-dl skips downloading a file that's already been downloaded, but it has to check the URL to find the name of the file to be downloaded and the URL is no longer accessible. The unplayable .mkv and even more unplayable (locks the UI) .mp4 fragment are left on the disk.

It seems that checking for this situation is non-trivial, but a command like ffmpeg -y -hide_banner -i download.mkv -acodec copy -vcodec copy download.mp4 && rm -f download.mkv will fix the problem.

I just heard about this, but I don't see qtube in my list of available packages. Is there an idiot's guide to downloading and installing qtube and youtube-dl on the HDR-Fox T2 CF?

I just heard about this, but I don't see qtube in my list of available packages. Is there an idiot's guide to downloading and installing qtube and youtube-dl on the HDR-Fox T2 CF?
For Reference: See my summary guide to youtube-dl and qtube here - https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/yout...com-or-other-video-platforms.8462/post-120326
The only reasons it might not be in the "available" tab are:
  • You've already installed it (it's listed in the "Installed" tab instead);

• You need to refresh the package list;

• You have not selected "show advanced packages" ("show" button top right).

The only reasons it might not be in the "available" tab are:
  • You've already installed it (it's listed in the "Installed" tab instead);

• You need to refresh the package list;

• You have not selected "show advanced packages" ("show" button top right).
Great info - thanks. Is there an idiot's guide for downloading and installing these packages? (I tried the Linux instructions from the youtube-dl site in a telnet session and neither the curl nor GET options worked.

Great info - thanks. Is there an idiot's guide for downloading and installing these packages? (I tried the Linux instructions from the youtube-dl site in a telnet session and neither the curl nor GET options worked.
Sorry yes I've now selected the advanced options and I see them. Thanks

Probably qtube shouldn't be an Advanced package now. I suppose that can be changed while youtube-dl is still Advanced?

Another wish:

If I qtube a radio program and use process options to transcode the result into MP3, there is nothing shown in the log file to say that's what's happening - it just appears to stall (with the process "running" in the queue) for an indeterminate time. If nothing else, a qtube log line to report the command passed to ffmpeg would be an indication.

Back