Beta [radio-ss-off] Disable screensaver on radio channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity I tried this on my Foxsat and the screensaver did *not* kick in while the EPG was on screen while tuned to a radio station.

Out of curiosity I tried this on my Foxsat and the screensaver did *not* kick in while the EPG was on screen while tuned to a radio station.
I just tried it on HD-FOX, and the guide times out rather than the screensaver kicking in.
That's what I saw. Admittedly I only tested that case: does it go directly from EPG to screensaver on HDR Fox, or indeed Foxsat when not tuned to a radio station?

Actually I was thinking only about the BBC radio station screensaver not the one built into the Foxsat which takes a lot longer to kick in and I tested with Classic FM playing which does not have a screensaver. I need to repeat the test leaving it a lot longer - Two minutes?

That's what I saw. Admittedly I only tested that case: does it go directly from EPG to screensaver on HDR Fox, or indeed Foxsat when not tuned to a radio station?
On the HDR FOX first the EPG times out then the count down to the screen saver starts.

On the HDR FOX first the EPG times out then the count down to the screen saver starts.
Same on HD Fox. The bet is whether this is internally the same timer.

I don't think the BBC radio information (MHEG-5) blank screensaver appears unless you trigger it by pressing Green. I'd expect that to be platform-independent. And as I noted before, as the "Press Green or 0 to return" text bounces around the display, after 3 minutes the (untweaked) Humax screensaver launches and competes with it. Massive fail.

Last edited:
After a bit of testing it seems that, when the Guide ......... and down arrows and colour buttons may not affect the play UI but several modal UIs would be affected, again including the guide.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I usually have channel 731 playing while perusing the Guide and, I admit, I haven't installed your app yet! I thought after sending the above message that I should have tried first to see if it might work. I've been very tied up with other things lately, but this is certainly on my 'todo' list as soon as I can.

Please explain how it is your screensaver (ie the digital time display that bounces around the screen) kicks in while you are perusing the EPG. The screen that shows "Classic FM" is not the screensaver - it is a channel identification broadcast along with the audio (equivalent of a TV picture for a normal TV channel).

If I am right, what you are complaining about is the EPG (or any other menu) timing out and returning you to the "picture" after about 3 minutes of no button presses whatsoever - what are you doing all that time?

Black Hole, I'm sorry if I've upset you by my stupidity. I'm well aware that "Classic FM" is not a screensaver but a digital radio channel. I'm very new to the HDR-Fox and still learning of it's customisation possibilities. I've replaced an ageing Digistream machine which had served me well for many years. Unfortunately I asked a question without fully understanding what was happening, for that I apologise profusely. I will try in future to carefully do my research before asking any more questions and hope that if I ask a question it will not seem stupid to all you clever people on this forum.

What make you think I'm upset? I am simply trying to find out what you mean so that I (and we) can advise properly. Otherwise, it's "garbage in, garbage out".

You have not confirmed: am I correct in my assumption, or is it indeed the case that your screensaver is kicking in while you peruse the EPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back