Rare Issue with Web-If (Nicesplice) Join Function

MontysEvilTwin

I recorded Spiderman 3 which was in two parts, separated by a news bulletin. I used the Web-If join function to join the parts with an output name of 'Spiderman 3'. I was scratching my head because I couldn't find the joined file then I realised that it had been named 'Spiderman' instead; presumably the output name needs to be enclosed in quotes if there is a space? This is only a minor problem, but in this case I already had the film Spiderman saved in the same folder and this was overwritten by the joined file :(

You generally do have to enclose broken strings in quotes or speech marks, or use an escape character prefixing every space, but maybe there is an oversight in this case in it not assuming there will be spaces and defaulting the quotes automatically.

I have tested this a bit more. To be clear, I am talking about the join function that becomes available in Web-If>Browse Media Files (button at the bottom) when you select multiple files; I have not tested the command line Nicesplice join function here. The filename cannot have spaces in it. I tried "Join Me" and the file created was named %22Join.
To summarise, if you are going to use the join function in Web-If>Browse Media Files then choose a name for the file that has no spaces: you can always rename it later. Make sure that a recording with the same filename does not already exist in the same folder. If it does it will be overwritten without warning.

Back