Re-purposing the TV Portal Button

Sorry my fault. I thought that by splitting the thread as it was a different topic it would be a good idea. Should have left it alone until someone who knew what they were doing could do it properly!

I have sussed out why the press of a button caused a reboot. I removed the 16: from the mapping. 16 = exit. The TV Portal button now brings up the media screen which I am happy with.
I have basically just changed the line to read 4b:6fPORTAL

4b:6fPORTAL
I hope you mean 4b:6f:PORTAL. So basically no macro then, just a substitution. How is that an improvement?

The EXIT was to ensure MEDIA didn't just bomb you out if you happened to be in the media menus when you pressed the MEDIA button. It doesn't cause me a reboot, so I don't see why yours should.

I agree it’s more of a substitution and not the ideal plan. With the 16: included both buttons caused the Humax to reboot. When I removed the 16: they didn’t cause a reboot. I would have preferred your option if it had worked for me but no matter how I tried it just wouldn’t work. I did do a full copy and paste and overwrote the original lines with your lines but mine just didn’t want to know. I also tried the basic run of 4b:6f:1e: portal just to try and get the options of drive choices to appear but for some reason it wouldn’t recognise the blue button option. At least by substituting the TV Portal button to opening up media it does it quickly rather than the annoying huge delay that occurred if it was trying to load the web portal. I have also completely removed and reinstalled the custom firmware just to make sure that I am using the latest versions. Odd how mine just wanted to reboot with your mapping and it doesn’t for you!

Are you sure about the syntax? You seem to be playing fast and loose with the colons.

<key code being intercepted> : <key code to pass on> : <comment>​

or for macros:

<key code being intercepted> : <first code> , <second code>... : <comment>​

The map file is only loaded at boot, so you need a reboot each time you edit the file or it will still be operating the old definitions.

I would test what's triggering the reboot by building up the macro string one step at a time.

I have also completely removed and reinstalled the custom firmware just to make sure that I am using the latest versions.
Having gone to all that pointless effort, the irony is that you probably aren't (but you haven't actually stated the version). The latest versions are in the beta package repository (you need to install the opkg-beta package).
The one of interest for all this is the ir package (version 1.17 in the standard repository and 1.21 in the beta one).
Ho hum.

Currently version Ir 1.17 the colons are correct in my ir3.map file. Each time I posted correctly in this post it converted my text into an emoji :p !
Also was doing full power off/on reboot just to make sure after each modification. Made no difference.
As recommended I will give the beta version a go when I get chance.

Back