Beta [Real-time scheduling] schedule without rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed something, or do I just ignore the reboot message?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your browser must have had a cached javascript file, now it has the latest version, you shouldn't see the reboot required pane any more.

Well that's curious. When I discovered Ripper Street had acquired a series link, I used RT scheduling to delete the original reservation and create a new one as a series recording. It actually recorded as an individual programme, and the reservation has gone. I'm sure I saw the series icon on the reservation, but I will put it down as finger trouble unless there are any similar reports. Maybe there was not enough time between deleting and adding for the HDR to register it as a new item?

Well that's curious. When I discovered Ripper Street had acquired a series link, I used RT scheduling to delete the original reservation and create a new one as a series recording. It actually recorded as an individual programme, and the reservation has gone. I'm sure I saw the series icon on the reservation, but I will put it down as finger trouble unless there are any similar reports. Maybe there was not enough time between deleting and adding for the HDR to register it as a new item?
I set Ripper Street to record with RT scheduling as a series link. I also got a one off recording in My Video and next weeks episode has disappeared from the guide. On another unit, I set up a one off RT recording of a programe that was just about to start while another programme was already recording. It worked but the one that was already recording was still recording and was still visible in the schedule on the TV 40 minutes after it was supposed to have finished. I had to stop it with the remote control. I have rebooted both units but they are now stuck in delinquent half awake state. I think they are both going to have to be turned off using the rear switches.

I've had odd things too...
Programme A was recording on its normal series link.
I scheduled programmes B and C for an hour or so later and then de-scheduled both of them again whilst A was still recording.
When A got to the end of its slot, it carried on recording - probably another of those 'endless' ones - but I stopped it manually.
Checking the "nugget timers" list showed it was still in state 2. 2 hours after its slot, the entry disappeared from this list although it was still there on the SUI.
I rebooted and it still wasn't present in the nugget list.
I deleted it using the SUI and re-added it and that's brought everything back to normal.

Mine was stuck as if it was waiting for a recording last night (it wasn't). A power cycle was required and that fixed it. Seems OK this morning.

I woke up to two never ending recordings (overlapping start times).
A subsequent recording, set by RT, failed.

(Posted in this thread because PRPR reported similar)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think the series link was flag was only present in Espisode 2.
I did the same deleting the original Ep 1 schedule entry, and then re-adding it but only got another single recording, I then added Ep 2 and that did create a series recording that conflicted with the Ep 1 entry :) I ignored the conflict and it all recorded OK!

BTW BBC 1 seemed not to be transmitting End of recording signals for a period yesterday - I had a couple of recordings that didn't stop at the proper time and continued until I manually stopped recording , Pointless recorded from 17:10 to around 21:00

BTW BBC 1 seemed not to be transmitting End of recording signals for a period yesterday - I had a couple of recordings that didn't stop at the proper time and continued until I manually stopped recording , Pointless recorded from 17:10 to around 21:00
The same thing happened to me but I was recording Channel 4HD.

I guess I must be lucky then as I have made a few recordings, mainly from the BBC channels, and not had any issues.

Could these problems just be an unfortunate coincidence?

I will obviously report here if I experience any similar problem.

I was hoping that the Ripper Street problem was a red herring but can't explain why the entry would have disappeared from the schedule list.

The runaway recordings are a definite issue. We came across some of these during development but I thought the issue was fixed, apparently not.

Will disabling RT in settings prevent runaway recordings in the mean time? I don't really want to have to monitor all my boxes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last night when I had the issues described in post #26, I noticed in webif (two machines) that the series link, for a series recording that had recorded that evening, was empty: like you get when you have just recorded the last episode of a series. These events were also absent in Diagnostics>Timer List. They were originally scheduled with the remote control some weeks ago. A reboot did not fix this in either case, but I noticed that the units would not fully shut down. After turning them off by the rear switch, the series links returned, plus auto-update events on both units. The units could then be fully shut down.
On another unit I set up several recordings with RTS and all was well; nothing was recording at the time. It may be just a coincidence, but I set up recordings by RTS on the 'problem' units while recordings were already ongoing. I will set some more recordings tonight and see what happens.

Will disabling RT in settings prevent runaway recordings in the mean time? I don't really want to have to monitor all my boxes.
Yes, if you disable it then things will go back to the way they were.
It's a beta so if you enable it then you should keep an eye on your schedules for anything unexpected.

Trying to reproduce the issue I had with scheduled recordings just not happening, I wanted to set up a cron job that logs nugget schedule.timers to a file.

Code:
humax# nugget schedule.timers
Slot           Stat Type Time       Left
----           ---- ---- ----       ----
  16: 0x150c028  0    3   1471977870  19740 Tue Aug 23 18:44:30 2016
  19: 0x150c04c  0    3   1471987470  29340 Tue Aug 23 21:24:30 2016
   4: 0x150bf98  0    2   1472008800  50670 Wed Aug 24 03:20:00 2016
  21: 0x150c064  0    7   1472009400  51270 Wed Aug 24 03:30:00 2016
   6: 0x150bfb0  0    6   1472011140  53010 Wed Aug 24 03:59:00 2016
This is just the first few lines, but I notice a couple of things.
  • The time is right (1471978800 = Tue, 23 Aug 2016 19:00:00 GMT or 8pm today) but the time in the Left column seems odd.
  • More significantly, it shows a discrepancy between what different parts of the box think is scheduled.
In here and in the Diagnostics - Internal timer list, there is no entry for South Today on BBC1 at 18:30 today.

The Schedule page shows a Finished event right down the bottom of the list for it with the label"(Last: Mon 22 Aug 2016 18:30)".
upload_2016-8-23_14-38-2.png

In TV Diary and on the TV screen it shows South Today still scheduled for 18:30 today.
upload_2016-8-23_14-39-11.png

I wonder if the recording will go ahead. I guess it will as the TV screen says it should.
But as the CF Scheduler sees slot 10 as finished, might the Real Time Scheduling try to re-use that slot for a new programme? (Wild guess as I have no idea how it works.)

Anyway, I'll leave the machine to see whether it actually records. After that I'll try to reproduce it and RTS something to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back