Rebooting Box

Jon Hill

For some reason this week my T2 is rebooting shortly after booting for the first time when turned on, after the reboot its fine until its turned off.

This happens every-time the the T2 is brought out of standby.

Is there anyway of finding out what's causing this and what a possible resolution might be?

Thanks

I'm sure this came up very recently, but I don't seem to be able to locate the query.

The first step to diagnosis is to turn off content sharing (Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = Off) and see if it still does it.

Have a look HERE (click), particularly posts #7 & #9.

Thanks, although I think that's yet another one. There seem to be two things going on, either the indexer not liking something in the file system or the DLNA service interacting badly with another device on the network.

Removing content sharing resolved the issue, so I now know what is it causing it.

I t it back on as I've started using content sharing quite a bit recently, I've just told everyone that might turn the T2 on to expect it to reboot after a couple of minutes.

Would flashing the latest firmware or custom firmware help at all?

Thanks

Does the Twonky issue ring any bells with you?

You might need the CF if the problem boils down to a file system error that needs correcting, but better wait for the chief BYT who seems to be off-line at the moment.

Back