Rebooting problem.

peterpi

This issue has been about for a while. If I have to power down one or both my T2's, they reboot a few times before settling down. When press the TV Portal button, BBC iPlayer and select something to watch, it will invariable reboot a few times before I am able to view what I want.

I have the latest CFW, both have an HDMI cable connected, one has scart to a modulator and has an ethernet connection to the router. Everything else is original.

I've done a search of the forum, but didn't find anything on this subject.

Any ideas?

The TV portal problem is not unknown - there was a time when I couldn't do anything with the portal or start iPlayer without a crash, but it seems to have settled down now.

I've been noticing the same thing for the past few months.

The only things I have connected are the aerial, hdmi and a LAN cable.

How long ago was the cf updated with a new kernel?

When mine reboots, the picture freezes for a few seconds, but the audio continues.

This has been off my radar for a few weeks. I've had a few problems with the Green Screen over the last week. I think I'll disconnect the peripherals as suggested and do a few reboots to see how I get on.

That's normal, and also happens when it just crashes.
Crashing when accessing the web portal is relatively new for me. Maybe 4 or 5 months. I don't use it too much, but the kids do. Are there any logs anywhere that will tell me why it's rebooted? Is it the humax executable thats hanging or something else?

You can install the crashdiag package, and then look in the crash log file, but the problem with a crash in the Humax software is that it ain't gonna write anything!

but the problem with a crash in the Humax software is that it ain't gonna write anything!
It will (with crashdiag installed) but all it will probably tell you is that it crashed somewhere in the web browser code...
Somebody with more time than me could develop a patch to fix it if it's consistently in the same place.

Have you tried disconnecting the 'peripherals' to see if it still does it?
I did do this some time back and, fingers crossed, all seems to be well at the moment.

Once again thanks for all the suggestions and apologies for the tardiness my reply.

The TV portal problem is not unknown - there was a time when I couldn't do anything with the portal or start iPlayer without a crash, but it seems to have settled down now.
I think the reason it settled down is because when I updated the firmware in my Devolo HomePlugs they became much more reliable, so there are now fewer networking errors to trigger untested/undebugged Humax code.

I think the reason it settled down is because when I updated the firmware in my Devolo HomePlugs they became much more reliable, so there are now fewer networking errors to trigger untested/undebugged Humax code.
Initially I did remove the Ethernet cable, which plugs straight into the fibre modem router and a USB SSD. Plugged the router back in after a few days and had no problems. I plugged in a USB stick which had a TS file, plus the sidecars on it, and it started to play up again. Removed the USB and all has been well. Stick and SSD were FAT32.

Back