Recorder (FVP-5000T) switches itself on.

More speculation, maybe even wild. Some Humaxes (eg. 1800/2000T) wake up every flippin' day (04:30 I think) to do a software search, even though there is no OTA software anymore. I haven't found a way to stop this. Does the 4000/5000 do this? If so, at what time? Unlikely, but it could be one possibility for the device being on.
Not as far as I can tell from the manual; it says "If your product stays connected to the network, every-time you turn off the product it will search for any updates available on
air".

I think that's what I was on about. Does it wake up the box from time to time to check if it has a scheduled recording.
As I have said before I don't use this facility; according to the manual you can set a start and end time over which the Humax server will be checked for new schedule requests and also the frequency with which checks are made.

I know that you said that you didn't use it, but it might have got switched on somehow.
Does the box come to life if you leave it on standby during the day?
Please bear in mind that there is a lot of straw grasping at my end.

Who is that addressing?
As is convention, the immediately preceding post. But I mistakenly thought that was OP not you.
In answer to your question, it was pointed at OP Post #14.
He said that he didn't have a smartphone, but it could possibly have got switched on.
But as I don't really have a clue (2nd hand guesses) about what I am talking, I'll butt out.

Mine sometimes turns on to full output when using a Harmony remote set to control a HDR-1000S generally when I terminate the watch the 5000T activity, despite the two activities have different ir modes set . Never found out why, using the original remotes set to different code sets doesn't create unwanted boots and the box doesn't turn on every time just sometimes. . The lack of a proper front display makes it much harder to see what's going on. Only way to be sure is to set the AV receiver to the hdmi in that the 5000T is connected to.

I apologise for my lack of responses but I was unaware of any post after my last one on Tuesday (3.24pm I think).

I'd like to thank all those who have attempted to help but it seems that there isn't a definitive answer. Thankfully it's not a major problem.

My 9 month old 5000T starting repeatedly switching itself on this morning. Not related to other controllers or remote access.

Solution was the classic switch it off and on again. :)

I disconnected the power for a couple of minutes before switching back on.

Switching the power off and on again hadn't worked forme so I'd given up.

Strangely, and for no reason I can see, the problem no longer exists. I put it on standby and it stays on standby until I switch it on again.

Back