Recording buffers

Nigel Moss

Hi
I'm new to the Humax after being with a Topfield since 2005 (new address don't allow clear digital signal, and has ex Sky dish) so am still trying to understand this unit.

Recording Buffers:
The manual has options for: On Time and 1 2 3 4 5 minutes, but the unit has options for Auto and 1 2 3 5 minutes.
I currently have it set as Auto, this has started at listed EPG time and stops at listed EPG time, and both times has cropped the end off.
Now the manual says 'on time - the broadcasters signal will be used for accurate recording when broadcast', so I'm assuming the broadcasters are NOT sending the signals?

My Question:
If I set it up for 5 minutes after a recording, would this be 5 minutes after the original epg time, or (if used) the adjusted start time ?

(just wish I could set it up for 20 minutes after like I had on the Toppy)

5 minutes after the epg scheduled finish time. AR generally works fine for BBC and ITV and not at all for Channel 5. The few programmes I record from Channel 5 I use a manual reservation with the appropriate repeat pattern.

I think The Gadget Show should do an item comparing which broadcasters do Series Linking and Accurate Recording the best and which do it the worst. Oops! Hang on. TGS is a Five show so that is never going to happen. ;)

I've just bought this box. I have found the ending missed on ITV2+1 and ITV3. Do neither of these do AR ?

Back