Recording conflict

madaboutlotus

If I try and record two programmes that overlap I get a Recording Conflict message? I have both tuners wired to the dish so why does this not work? I have two boxes and it's the same on both so must be a common issue. Probably a simple answer.

I don't have a Freesat, but I'm sure I read that you have to 'tell' the Humax that you have two LNB's connected in the Humax configuration settings

I accessed from "Recent Activities" and didn't notice we were in the Foxsat HD forum. :rolleyes:

First thing to check is that the two connections are on the outer sockets with nothing on the middle one. If wrong correct and then (or if you added a second connection after installing with only one) do a factory reset. Watch for the two cables found message.

Check for full 2 cable working.

Start a recording on BBC1-HD, start a second on BBC-HD. Check you can view all the other channels and pause them live. A decent selection will do :)

Yes I am using two cables and they are in the outer sockets, so I don't see the problem. If I do a factory reset will I lose my recorded programs on the HDD?

Yes I am using two cables and they are in the outer sockets, so I don't see the problem. If I do a factory reset will I lose my recorded programs on the HDD?

You can also check the connection mode by entering the setup menu with Freesat tune highlighted and pressing Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue (in succession, don't look at the screen). Select Antenna Settings. Connection Type should say Two Cables (same). If it does not the box thinks both tuners are fed from a single lnb hence the restrictions on recording you are finding.

No you won't lose recordings (everything gets set to defaults like the volume for instance), were you able to carry out the 2 cable working test ?

grahamlthompson. Many thanks, I have done the setup and changed it to two cable (same) as I assume this is for a single LNB with a dual cable coming from it. The other setting is two cable different which I have taken as 2 LNB's.

Regards

What was it before? If you have two feeds from the LNB, I'd think you want "Two cable (different)". "Two cable (same)" is for where you have one feed from the LNB effectively feeding both inputs.

prpr. It was set on One Cable before. It make sense I suppose, but I could not see why you would want to set up the Two cables (same) unless it is for when you cross link the middle connection to the second input? Perhaps someone could give me a definitive answer on this.
Regards

I suppose either would work but Same will tune both tuners simultaneously. Whereas Different requires individual tuning although from the same satellite. I am supposing as I only have a FoxsatHD.

What was it before? If you have two feeds from the LNB, I'd think you want "Two cable (different)". "Two cable (same)" is for where you have one feed from the LNB effectively feeding both inputs.

Two Cables (same) is correct, it means that you have two lnbs aligned on the same satellite group. The other setting is for diseqc switches which allow you to use multiple lnb's aligned on different orbital point. It's quite common to fit an offset lnb to get 19.2E as well as 28.2/28.5E. Full coverage of F1 is available on 19.2E

I suppose either would work but Same will tune both tuners simultaneously. Whereas Different requires individual tuning although from the same satellite. I am supposing as I only have a FoxsatHD.

It doesn't work like that. With two cables each tuner is independent of the other and controls it's own lnb. With single cable mode the second tuner gets it's signals from tuner 1. Tuner 2 has no lnb control so can only acccess channels sharing the same frequency band (high/low) and polarisation as tuner 1 has switched it's lnb to.

With a diseqc switch on each tuner input with a feed from 28.2 and 19E you can record in non freesat mode any combination of two channels from either location. eg 19.2 19.2, 28.2 28.2, 19.2 28.2 and 28.2 19.2

You can also use two lnb's with a diseqc switch on a Foxsat-HD, using non freesat you can then view different satellite groups.

http://foxsat.wikispaces.com/Setting up DiSEqC

prpr. It was set on One Cable before. It make sense I suppose, but I could not see why you would want to set up the Two cables (same) unless it is for when you cross link the middle connection to the second input? Perhaps someone could give me a definitive answer on this.
Regards

The same means both lnbs are aligned on the same satellite. Single cable mode is just that, there's no way one lnb can be anything other than same.

OK, but (different) mode wouldn't lose you anything over (same) mode, or would it?

You can also use two lnb's with a diseqc switch on a Foxsat-HD, using non freesat you can then view different satellite groups.

http://foxsat.wikispaces.com/Setting up DiSEqC
Thanks for the link. I have a DiSEqC switch and have attempted to set up my box in this way, just for F1. My difficulty was setting up my second fixed dish to find the other satellite. I used to have an equatorial mount but that died years ago.:(

Back