1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording end missed

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by moosey, Nov 20, 2017.

1. prpr

prpr Well-Known Member

Foxlink and NSA are just a means to an end. They don't do any real work. That is down to SMB versus NFS. I can't comment on the approaches taken by each of those to getting the job done.

2. MymsMan

MymsMan Well-Known Member

Runaways are rare these days but seem to be relate, for me, to scheduling a recording RS whilst a recording is in progress

3. YorkshiremanII

YorkshiremanII New Member

I haven’t been here for quite a while. Just found this thread.
    Can’t help on the diagnosis, because it was a few months ago, but I had runaway issues, and gradually deleted packages until it stopped. Had no trouble until connecting two boxes, and hadn’t got the two linked before ending the project.
    Fascinated to find it’s becoming a known issue though.
    Just another data point.

4. alanofcleeves

alanofcleeves New Member

I had a runaway recording when RTS was being introduced. RTS was enabled at the time the runaway happened.

I seem to recall reports of occasional runaways being linked to RTS. After my runaway I disabled RTS and haven't had a recurrence, although of course that proves nothing.

The experience of finding 35hr / 80Gb recording was fairly alarming so I haven't been tempted to use RTS since, which is a pity.

5. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Monk

Whereas I use RTS on four units and have never had the runaway problem.

6. MymsMan

MymsMan Well-Known Member

There were quite a lot of runaways reported when RTS was first introduced but the most common cause was fixed a year ago since which there have been very few runaways reported, some but not all, appear to be related in some way to the use of Foxlink.

It is is probably worth giving RTS another try - most users seem to have few problems.

alanofcleeves likes this.
  7. alanofcleeves

alanofcleeves New Member

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it another try!

8. Chris_CTA

Chris_CTA New Member

I too have been having recording runaways since before Christmas. Having had aerial distribution problems and being in hospital for three months somewhat blunted my enthusiasm for recorded (HDR T2) TV material. Discharged at the end of November I threw myself back into the fray.
    Upgrading a 500GB Humax to 2TB went without incident or so I thought and then reviewing and installing the so useful extra packages went well.
    Then the recording runaways started :-(
    Yesterday I performed a full factory reset w/o a hard disk format on both HDR T2s and uninstalled foxlink from both machines.
    For the first time in weeks both units behaved impeccably overnight including 2 simultaneous recordings on Humax Downstairs (1TB) coinciding with a simultaneous recording start on Humax Upstairs (2TB upgraded). I shall go back to accessing media for playback using SMB protocols.
    I love this community